“Best Fish & Chips in Ramsgate” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #82 of 149 Restaurants in Ramsgate
Cuisines: Fish & Chips
Saint Albans, England, United Kingdom
“Best Fish & Chips in Ramsgate”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Best Fish & Chips in Ramsgate. Admittedly the Staff don't seem that happy but that is because it is always busy and they are trying to keep up with demand! No complaints, would recommend, even left a small tip.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Ramsgate, United Kingdom
“Great fish! Chips and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

Fish always freshly cooked to order? Very friendly service! Best in Ramsgate now and don't go anywhere else.

Visited May 2013
Ramsgate, United Kingdom
“Typical Little Chip Shop”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Not the best, definitely not the worst,, but it's local and the portions are quite good.
The guy who runs it always seems to be smiling, so you fell happy when you eat there.

Visited April 2013
Sydney, Australia
“If you like fish that's off smothered in overcooked oily batter, eat here!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

I see the other positive reviews and think maybe they had a really bad day when I was there? Tables were sticky and not cleaned, our drinks order took forever and my hot tea was served in a heavily chipped mug with thick milk stains from previous tea/coffee served in it. The fish was disgusting and smelled off. It had been cooked way too long in the batter (maybe to hide the off fish?) which meant it was oily, heavy and crusty. The batter mixture itself was also very bad and in the end I refused to pay full price for our terrible food. I had to scrape away the fish bits from the batter (see picture) to eat it, which I regret because my husband and I spent the rest of the afternoon in the bathroom sick! I admit the chips here are really great - thick cut and tasty, just avoid the fish at all cost.

• Visited March 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Steve G”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

Stopped off here for some tasty fish and chips as I was starving and the smell of fresh fish and chips lured me in.

I have to say I was pleasantly surprised with every aspect from the food, the atmosphere to the service.

Ordered a large cod and chips and it was absolutely fantastic, really fresh and batter not greasy or too thick! Definitely one of the best I've had in a long time!

I will definitely be coming back for more!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere