“Not everything is 5*” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Foxhunter Park

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ramsgate
The Foxhunter Park
You added The Foxhunter Park to your Saves list
5.0 of 5 Cabin/Campground   |   Monkton, Ramsgate CT12 4JG, England   |
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Not everything is 5*”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Stayed for midweek break in a bronze caravan as we really just intended to use the park as a base from which to tour round Thanet.
The caravan was clean and well equipped however it had separate toilet and bathroom which meant the toilet was incredibly small and cramped....so much so that I had to back in to use it if I wanted a sit down performance!
We only went in the clubhouse once for an hour to play bingo...it was the usual scene of families and the occasional table of chavs drinking too much...I found the bar staff quite helpful. The pool was well used and I enjoyed a swim on a sunny day, there seemed to be enough chairs and tables for people to sit around. The site advertised itself as having free wi fi but I was unable to connect to it at any time during my stay despite repeated attempts at different locations...si if wi fi is important to you beware.
There was a playground for the children and we didn't see any problems during our stay such as rowdy behaviouys or fights etc..may be we were just lucky. Parking next to the van demanded considerable skill as the space provided was small and partially blocked by a palm tree...this was true of most of the bronze vans...also for some odd reason the allotted space was on the other side of the van from the van door...I never did figure out why. There was a smallish amusement arcade which I never actaully saw anybody use. No shop on site, the nearest was in a village about a mile away.

One positive for us was that it was equidistant between Broadstairs, Whitstable and other resorts so we never had to travel more tha 12 miles or so to visit the local sights.

All in all a pleasant enough stay, but if you were planning on staying on site for the whole holiday you might be disappointed with the facilities.

The site prices itself as a 5* but in my opinion it's more 3 or 4 star at a pinch.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
jane s, Owner at The Foxhunter Park, responded to this review, July 6, 2014
Dear ChaplainsRus
Thank you for taking the time to write your review.
All feedback is important to us and I have noted your comments. Many improvements have been made at The Foxhunter park this year including Wi-Fi. which we consider an important service and our customers expect a good connection.
With kind regards
Jane

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

No spa as advertised, putting green is just holes in the grass, pool is looking very warn out and looking through the serving hatch I would not eat anything from that kitchen! Tables are sticky and never cleaned.
Bar staff are miserable, drinks are over priced, club is dark and intimidating, entertainment is dated.
Nothing to do for teenagers so they roam the park and cause all sorts of trouble day and night.
Very little security on the park so anyone can drive in.
No on site shop to buy bread, milk or newspapers, you can't even buy breakfast on site.
The pond water looks stagnant and am not sure how the fish survive.
Top of the range "Gold" caravans are very tired and the TV was so small that I had to use my laptop screen
We were totally disappointed and upset with our stay, 5 star PRICES for a 1 star park

Room Tip: Dont stay at this park
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
jane s, Owner at The Foxhunter Park, responded to this review, July 6, 2014
Dear John S
I am sorry to hear you did not enjoy your holiday with us. Your feedback is important to us and your comments have been noted. We have made many improvements for 2014 including reviewing our bar and food prices, and we now have a talented new chef, Costas.
We have improved our customer service training for our bar staff and the entertainment has been overhauled with many brand new acts.
A substantial investment has been made in refurbishing our club to a very high standard during the winter of 2013/2014 and the final phase of the refurbishment will take place during the winter of 2014/2015.
We have introduced our gold plus caravans which are brand new for 2014 with wide screen televisions and DVD players.
Thank you for taking the time to write your review
With kind regards
jane
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

The park is ok but at night there is a lot of trouble people throwing stones at car nocking on people's doors. But the stay was ok the bar and swimming pool was good. They have a park you can go down to its ok

• Stayed August 2013
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

There was a dead fly in the vinegar bottle
A hair in my fish batter
Tattoos a plenty
Some badly behaved precocious children with very little in the way of childcare..
No one wipes the tables down after you have eaten outside however in the 'snug' they wipe it down with their hands
The bar staff are miserable and unfriendly

I suspect this is a place for repeat customers - those who are used to this environment..
Would not recommend.

• Stayed August 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

I am a pensioner and struggle to understand what the new snug room was designed for. My thoughs was a nice and quiet place to relax, have a chat with family and friends, read the paper and as my Grandson says "chill" but there are only three chairs in the snug room, the other chairs are set against tables to order food. So I have the view that its is a snug restaurant to order food, so it's a restaurant. And I have to agree you can not hear yourself think let alone relax and have a good old natter, because in the evening the DJ or acts play the music so loud you have to shout, That's no snug. Bit of paint on the walls, new floor and tables to eat your food off, and it took four months to complete. The Club House I agree is not five star, out of date and depressing, and the mens toilets are dirty and in need of urgent modernisation, and my wife says there are only two toilets to serve one hundred plus customers and they are very small. There are no disabled facilities throught the whole park which I am very surprised as I use a walking stick to get around and for a five star park not good at all. Where I park my car the road is some six to seven inches drop from my slabs and during my stay cut the tyre and had to call the RAC. I am also not happy as late at night young children are still riding their bikes and making a lot of noise. I understand the holiday season, but this was at 1am, and woke me up. There is not a shop on site stock with lots of food, papers, and general bits and pieces which I was very surprised for a five star park, no cash machine and no where on the site to get a breakfast. I love a breakfast and again for a five star park no breakfast to be had. Yes, back out the site (unless you cook) to get a breakfast. I was also shocked to learn that the fee's are now £4000.00 pa and £360 was made up for the water bill. One owner said that they were not happy as they were being charged for using the water facilities for four months, when in fact the water had been disconnected. For a five star park you would have thought each caravan would have a water meter. Something does not sound right here. Disconnected, no sewage, no waste collection, no running water yet four months being charged. Thats not a five star park set up.The grounds are lovely, and the staff were very polite and pleasent during our stay, and the pool was warm, not great but warm. The Foxhunter park has a long way to go to retain their five star status. I belive as at the time of this message it should only be rated and charded as a three star park

Room Tip: Perhaps try the log cabins. I look through the window and they did look very nice
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
jane s, Owner at The Foxhunter Park, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Dear Barryd
Thank you for your feedback which is important to us. I have noted your comments and will answer a number of the points you have raised.
During winter of 2013/2014 we invested heavily in the clubhouse which has now been transformed into a modern and contemporary space with the direction of our talented interior designer. The final phase of the club refurbishment will take place during the winter of 2014/2015, including a brand new restaurant, a large extension and disabled facilities..
On your point about water rates. Perhaps I could clarify these rates are ground, water and sewerage rates, so unfortunately Thanet District Council still demand the rates be paid during our closed season, as the caravan remains on the Park.
We have addressed the volume level of the music in the club, so the snug area is a quiet area.
The Club Franchisee has recently decided to serve breakfast in the busier season.
We have a night time curfew for children, apologies if you were disturbed.
We very much hope to have the pleasure of your company again at some point in the future
We appreciate you taking the time to write your review
With best regards
Jane
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

If you like a fight then the Foxhunter Park club house is the place to be. So far we have haf one fight per month since opening. The latest where the fight started in the club house and then back at the caravan where the windows and door was smashed. Did not stop there they also smashed the TV. The poor family staying next door with young children were so frightened that they packed up and left the next day. The pool is not heated as advertised and is nearly always cold, the pool serface is peeling and during the fresher evenings the patio heaters have been shut down (FH switch off) Yobs of teenagers at night roam the park and any tom, dick and harry can access the park. NO Security at the site entrance free access for cars to enter drive around and nick a child or maybe your bikes, patio furniture etc. Security is so lack that anyone can enter for a free swim, play bingo and grab the winnings, watch the same old entertainment (50 repeat acts this season and only on a Fri and Sat) etc. The mens toilets are falling aoart and are dirty, the five star club house has not been updated since 1970 (shortly after opening there was a MURDER on the site) There is not a well stocked shop on site in fact there is no shop, no on site cash machine and NO DISABLED FACILITIES. The gardeners start making a liad of noise at 8am with their strimmers and cutters, staff are very friendly when you are spending money. Tennis courts are chargeable, Club house food and drink on the expensive side. The park is going through a very lengthy update but do not expect any resolve until the end 2015 and so far what has been done is very limited. The new so called snug room YOU CAN NOT HEAR YOUR CONVERSATION as the music and acts are so LOUD not a snug room at all. The new games room is so small that when someone is playing pool thats it and why there is a tv that can not be heard is beyond me. The club house furniture is dangerous as most chairs rock when seated on and the barrel tables you bash your knees on. Quality in Tourisum has been updated with all these items. This should at the present day NOT be listed as a five star park.

• Stayed June 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

I have been going to foxhunter since I was 8 years old, my family booked a two week stay and we loved it so much we returned the following year! Everyones friendly. And the caravan and park are kept to top Conditions. I am now 20 and will be returning back to my childhoods favourite holiday destination with my 5 month old son, whom will grow up loving this holiday park just as I have :)

• Stayed July 2013

Been to The Foxhunter Park? Share your experiences!