“Surprise!!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Welcome and benvenuti to Dover's longest going family run restaurant.Dino's traditional Italian Restaurant is tucked away in Dover's most sought after street right in the heart of the town.The restaurant has been established since 1977 and is a firm favorite among those craving for authentically prepared traditional Italian cuisine the way only mama can produce.If you fancy a genuine Italian meal and excellent value then please check out our very tempting menu on our website.We look forward to cooking for you soon. Grazie e Buon appetito
Milan, Italy
“Surprise!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

We went to visit the cliffs and in Dover, happened to park right in front of Dinos.... What a surprise ! The atmosphere looks a bit " "antique"but characteristic and cozy all together .
Service is good.
But the food..... Amazing !!. I just could not decide what to order .. Everything seemed delicious and it was ! Original Italian food ( said by an Italian ...living in the UK) incredible taste and incredibly fresh Food! We were 4
People and everyone ordered a different appetizer and first / second course and we were all very impressed by the genuine taste. Also good wine list.
What a surprise ! I don't know if we will return to Dover but Dinos is worth the trip.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Deal, United Kingdom
“Why did I stay away so long?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Dino's was a favourite with my family (especially my Dad) and a place we used to frequent. Unfortunately my family moved away and we just never seemed to get over there, but my Mum was down and we both fancied Italian and thought we's head to Dino's.
What can I say, the decor was still the same slightly kitsch with its cork bar and Chianti bottles, which some people might hate but I love. The food was incredible my Mum had a portion of the creamy Mushroom Risotto to start whilst I had a Delicious scallop dish which was in a creamy white wine and mushroom sauce.
We followed this with Fettuccine Porcini a amazing mushroom pasta in garlic and oil, which was not cloying or sickly and my Mum had Lambs kidneys an old fave which were as yummy as we remembered. Mama Clara still does the cooking and it shows as the food is the kind that comes with experience.
We ended this with a liqueur coffee with vanilla rum which was lush and beautiful homemade profiteroles.
If you are looking for good Italian food you cannot go wrong, but if you want a more trendy fusion type you probably won't enjoy. But I think this place is a hidden gem

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Essex
“Good food and good fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

This restaurant is such a find! Loads of places to park nearby in the evening and easy to find. The food was excellent, not overly expensive and wine also not overpriced. The staff are really friendly and, for us, made the whole experience absolutely fantastic, particularly Angelo. A really good night out!

Visited June 2013
Andover, United Kingdom
“Terrible service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Dinos was recommended but wouldn't go there again. Luckily we were in no rush as the service was the slowest I have come across. We had the recommended dish, pork. I will admit it was very good but the accompanying veg left something to be desired. Cauliflower cheese does not spring to mind as typically Italian and it was overcooked. The decor is a bit dated but in it's favour it was not an expensive place to eat.

Visited June 2013
brisbane
“Taste sensation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

Small restaurant with great traditional Italian food. Service is not of the fast variety but it suits the place and Mamma's cooking is so good you wonder how she does it. Try the lamb kidneys dish for a taste sensation.

• Visited May 2013