“Excellent value and friendly welcome, large clean, well equipped rooms.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Castle Guest House

You added Castle Guest House to your Saves list
Castle Guest House
4.0 of 5 Guest house   |   10 Castle Hill Road, Dover CT16 1QW, England   |
Ranked #11 of 43 Dover B&B and Inns
“Excellent value and friendly welcome, large clean, well equipped rooms.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2011 via mobile

Friendly welcome, well placed for Dover stay and attractions, recommend castle, and bronze age boat. Full strength wifi, better than home! Large clean family room, nice biscuits, etc
Excellent value for money and worthy of it's 4 stars.
Would gladly recommend.

• Stayed August 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Victoria, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011

After a long day we decided to stay the night in Dover and just happened upon the Castle guest house. We were met by Sharon who welcomed us warmly and was able to give us a family room. It was large and very clean. The bathroom was small but clean, and had a good shower. With two large windows overlooking the street the room was bright and cheery. The next morning we had a full English Breakfast that was delicious. The staff was helpful and friendly. The location is very close to the cliffs of Dover walk as well as Dover Castle. I would highly recommend this guest house to any visitors of Dover.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Guildford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2011

My daughter and I stayed for three nights on a walking holiday, so needed a good place to sleep after the exertions of each day and this was it. The welcome was warm, the rooms (we had one each) clean and comfortable and the breakfast generous.
The location is perfect near the trains and buses and a short walk from shops and seafront.
Maybe a little decorating would be in order soon but this is not to say that the rooms were in desperate need yet

Room Tip: The front room here a bigger and have a better view but the smaller ones at the back are fine too
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

Good central location. Warm welcome. Well serviced room and an excellent and early if required breakfast.
Would use again.

Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2011

Just down the road from Dover Castle, we found this B&B a great place to stay for my wife, daughter and myself. The owners were always helpful even printing out some documents for me.Close to the docks it was quiet at night and gave a good base from which we could go to Canterbury and the White Cliffs.Room was quite spacious, clean and plenty of power to charge all devices and very stable internet connection. Breakfast was very fulfilling and gave you a great start to the day..

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
UK
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2011

The owners are very pleasant. The bedroom was a good size but the bathroom was a squeeze. Right on a busy road, the sound penetrated through the night. And if the traffic did not disturb, whenever anyone seemed to use a toilet, the plumbing grumbled through the premises. The little extras such as tissues by the bedside were possibly the cheapest buy from a tacky market stall. The radio was one step up from a tin can etc.
The breakfast consisted of equally cheap produce. The toast was exceptionally poor sliced white bread. The owners need to compare what they provide with other guest houses carrying three and four stars and see if they can return to a former glory. Currently they are at least a star rating to high and the price for what one gets is excessive when put against other guest houses

Room Tip: Go elsewhere
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
castlehousebb, Owner at Castle Guest House, responded to this review, June 23, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to make this review. However we are understandably upset by your comments and do not understand why you did not bring your views to our attention when staying. Since taking over the guest house at the end of January we have made several improvements and received some very complimentary reviews especially about the breakfast and the comfort of the beds and rooms. As we would like to get things right we would like to invite you to contact us direct either by email or phone so that we can discuss your points in more detail. The only other comment we would like to make at this stage is to invite those reading this review to view the independent views on our web site www.castle-guesthouse.co.uk.
Bolton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2011

I booked a single room at Castle House for a Sunday night in mid may because it is very handy for the Dover Eastern Docks. Due to my vehicle breaking down at Frankley services on the M5, I didn't arrive until around 7.45pm. I was greeted by a cheerful Sharon who informed me that I had been upgraded to a double room. That cheered me up after my tiring journey. My room was clean, bright & airy & much nicer than the single room at the top of the building. I know this because I have stayed at Castle House three times in the past when it was run by the previous owners.

The toilet/shower room was spotlessly clean & there was tea/coffeee making facilties provided in the bedroom. I slept well until a loud noise woke me up at 6.30am. I don't know what it was but I had trouble getting back to sleep after that due to the room being illuminated by the early morning light. I could hear music from somewhere in the building.

I was downstairs in the basement breakfast room just after 8am & the room looked newly decorated. I ordered a full English breakfast with tea & toast. I was asked by Sharon if I wanted extra toast but I politely declined. I enjoyed the breakfast with no complaints whatsoever.

I paid for my room & made a speedy departure for the ferryport on my way to France.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo

Been to Castle Guest House? Share your experiences!