“Frequent customer” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #37 of 124 Restaurants in Dover
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Championing the unique flavours which come with chargrill cooking methods, Beefeater Grill The Plough - Dover offers a modern take on traditional steakhouse dining. Alongside an accomplished bar stock, prime meat cuts, fresh fish and wholesome vegetarian dishes make up the simple yet diverse Beefeater menu. Beefeater Grill restaurants pride themselves on sourcing the finest meat cuts and premium seasonal produce. Also renowned for its family-friendly welcome, Beefeater Grill presents a 'Little Eaters' menu, offering a fun range of dishes for children. Evoking a lively ambience and offering a menu filled with favourites, Beefeater restaurants are a consistent crowd pleaser.
Dover, United Kingdom
“Frequent customer”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

What can I say. I have probably visited The Plough over 10 times. Food is great tasting and great quality, the staff are quick and very approachable and the value for money is excellent.

Myself and my partner generally have our usual meals when we go. To start we have prawn cocktails which are served in a bowl on a chopping board with some rustic bread. They, like any other prawn cocktail taste lovely. For our mains I have the mixed grill. The meat on my mixed grill is cooked to perfection, I would definitely recommend it. You also receive bottomless chips. My partner has the full rack of ribs. From what she tells me they are the best ribs in Dover because unlike so many other venues they don't completely cover the ribs and the plate in BBQ sauce. There is always the right amount.
The staff are very welcoming, and being an ex waiter, watching them running around makes me feel like I used to be lazy. They work extremely hard and It really shows in the speedy service and the great attitudes they have.
The food is great value for money where we generally average around £40 - £60 per visit which includes starters, mains and drinks. Its not the best place in the world for a romantic evening as Its always busy but I think that also makes it a nice place to be because there are so many happy customers. Would recommend this place to anybody.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Devon
“Good food but slow service.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

Booked a table here whilst staying at the Premier Inn next door. The place was very busy - so much so that we didn't even get to our table until half an hour after we had booked. Once shown to our table we were told our waiter would be with us soon - another half hour wait!!!!!! To be fair the food (when it arrived) was very good but the very poor service spoilt the evening. If you want to eat at, say 7pm, I suggest you book a table for 6pm

Warwick
“A real surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

We visited early on Sunday evening, and the place was packed. It has been many years since I have been to a Beefeater, and was very surprised at the variety of choices on the menu. I was even more surprised at the quality of the food.
We were looked after by Katie D who did a magnificent job and wer left knowing that we would return to a Beefeater

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
DOVER
“Certainly an improvement.............”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

Took the opportunity to re-visit the Plough Beefeater restaurant. Previous visit(s) were not particularly impressive for both food quality and service.
We timed our visit for early evening, shortly before 6.00pm and were surprised to note the level of business. It was pointed out to us the 'Meal Deal' on offer was proving very popular as the explanation for being so busy. Fair to say that it was clearly 'family time' as children were there in profusion. That said, they all seemed to be reasonably well behaved and relatively quiet.
My wife and I ordered from the main menu, selecting the calamari starter for both of us and the risotto with salmon and old favourite mixed grill for myself. Our order was taken efficiently and interspersed with drinks ordered from the bar. Our starters and main courses were served within reasonable waiting times, particularly in view of the level of business at the time.
All courses were hot, well presented and cooked to perfection. The level of service was much improved from previous visits with staff appearing to really care about customer service.
All things equal this visit was most enjoyable. The service food and drinks were of the highest standard and at reasonable prices. I think our faith in this establishment has been re-instated and look forward to our next visit.

Uckfield, United Kingdom
“value for money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

we had a good stay and reasonable meal here, only found the toilet fan in our room to be very noisy and toilet flush was poor....