“Lovely food and great service” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: British
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
“Lovely food and great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

We came here for mothers day and had a lovely meal! There was so much choice from carvery to a help your self buffet of mexican, itallian, chinese! We had the carvery which was lovely and very fresh. The value for money was great we paid £14.50 each for eat as much as you like 3 courses! The service was good and there was a friendly atmosphere! Would definitely recommend to anyone. We will sure be back for another visit!

Deal Kent
“Expensive, poor service, poor food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

We visited the Swingate for Christmas dinner with our family at a price of £69.99 per person before even going we felt was expensive but that the experience would live up to it and we would be wines & dined.

Well what a surprise when we wasn't, first impressions when walking through the door was how empty the place looked and how in festive and bland the decorations were. We took out seats and after 30 mins our starter arrived mine consisted of a bowl of very boring looking parsnip soup with croutons that had been deep fat fried and squelched fat when bit into, although to be fair the soup wasn't too bad. After a further 30 minute wait and a rather odd dollop of ice as pallet cleanser the main arrived I has orders traditional turkey. This was I'm sorry but very poor the vegetables where overcooked and bland the sprouts where even white where they had been boiled within a inch of any existence, the Turkey was bland and obvious pre packed and cooked slices it was no better then a microwave meal from Tesco in fact a Tesco Finest microwave meal would of been more tasty. I tried abit of my friends meal being beef Wellington and this was very nice however again not a lot of veg on plate and pastry was soggy mess. Pudding again disappointment. To top all this off we even had to pay for every drink maybe for 69.99 a free glass if bubbly or tea/Coffie after meal would be nice, although I can sympathise with anybody having to work on Xmas the staff again clearly didn't want to be here hence poor service.

As much as I really hate complaining I felt very let down by whole experience and the only good thing was spending the day with family and having a laugh. I have herd excellent things about the Indian food served here so maybe stick to what your good at and have a authentic Indian meal next Christmas I think it would do very well and I would eat hear again to try it.

“AWFUL!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Went here for Sunday dinner today with my husband and our two children. The food was awful. When we first got our food it was cold, (not even slighly warm) so I complained. We got fresh, but this was still only slighly warm and absolutely rank. The meat was full of fat, stuffing burnt, mashed swede was like water, the other veg was barely cooked. The food was tasteless. After we finished eating we wasn't asked if we enjoyed our meal and I'm sure it's because she already knew the answer. I went without dessert because I was so disappointed but my 2 boys wanted it so they had chocolate cake. I didn't think it would be to bad as you can't really go wrong with cake but it was so dry. I felt gutted paying the bill for such dreadful food, and it wasn't cheap either. So we have left feeling robbed of £40 for food that had to be complained about and that was cold and tasteless. Needless to say we will never be returning here again!! When we walked in the place was empty with just one other family. Now I know why!

• Visited October 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Chattenden, null, United Kingdom
“Wonderful find on a Friday evening”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

We had a wonderful meal here. The duel menu was perfect allowing my Mum to have a very English Pie whilst my Husband had a lovely Curry. Really liked the fact the children didn't have their own menu but could have a small version of anything on the English or Indian menus. (my youngest did have the classic chips and chicken bites though) Amazing service, reasonably priced, recently decorated, and good food.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Very disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

We went to this restaurant for a Sunday carvery and the food was terrible, the meat was like shoe leather and dry. The Swede was cold and watery, cauliflower was cold, the only thing edible was the roast potatoes. The chocolate pudding turned to dust when the spoon went near it as it was so dry.
Avoid this restaurant if you can

• Visited August 2013