“Spa Day” 1 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 7 Activities in Chatham
More attraction details
Owner description: The four star Bridgewood Manor is a fantastic hotel. Situated in Rochester, with close proximity to Maidstone, excellent links to motorway networks and only 40 minutes to Gatwick Airport, the hotel is ideal for enjoying a relaxing spa break or getting together with friends. Not only that the health club and spa facilities provide you with an area to relax and unwind. If you are looking for a relaxing spa break, spa day or spa treatment in Kent, the team at Bridgewood Manor is skilled in the art of relaxation. From a soothing facial to the gentle easing of muscles with an all over body massage, the tranquillity and calm encapsulated in our spa will ensure your body and mind are transported to a state of total well being. Our spa which is home to a fabulous health club, 4 is open seven days a week! Features & Facilities 4 Treatment rooms Swimming Pool Sauna Steam Room Cardio gym
“Spa Day”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Yesterday I had a Spa Day at Bridgewood with a friend which was very disappointing. The Spa area is dull & dirty & needs a total revamp. We weren't shown round the facilities & had to find the changing rooms ourselves. We waited 35 minutes for a cold jacket potato & weren't offered a glass of wine which should have accompanied our lunch. We had to ask for the desert we had earlier selected on our menu choice. Throughout our lunch in the bar, staff were walking past carrying large pieces of furniture from one room to another. at one point knocking me in the back with a folded table. The changing room floor was filthy, as was the shower & ladies loo. The lock was broken on the shower door. The hour facial lasted only 45 minutes. We paid £100 for this horrible day. How on earth are they entitled to call themselves a 4* hotel? Thoroughly disappointing afternoon which should have been a treat. GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER BRIDGEWOOD! Please don't bother to offer me a complimentary return day as I wouldn't even go back for free.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Kent, UK
58 attraction reviews
“Lovely treatment by Rachael”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

We had a spa trip today, not the best equipped spa but lovely staff and a super facial and massage from Rachael.....small pool but good VFM, will go again for sure.

Visited June 2013
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Fab spa day with friends”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

I booked a spa day for 8 of my friends. It was a package deal including a 2 course lunch and a 50 minute treatment and use of all the facilities.
We were not disappointed! The spa manager greeted us and explained how the day would run.
we were then given our robes and towels and slippers.

During the day we were the only group in the pool area so it felt like exclusive use.

The treatments were amazing. We had Katie and terri looking after us and they were fantastic. Made us fell completely at ease.

in between our treatments we spent time in the lovely warm pool and used both the sauna and steam room.

Lunch was great too! the desserts were especially yummy!

All facilities are very clean although a little dated.

highly recommend

Visited June 2013
kent
“Very tired spa, staff pleasant but not enough to make me go back again until improved”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

I would like to say how disappointed I was with the spa day I booked for mother's day.
I had the £55 each package that included a 50 minute treatment or 2 25 minute treatments and an afternoon tea.
The lady who I spoke to when I booked over the phone explained exactly what came in with this price and said to phone 48 hours in advance to book the actual treatments. This was fair enough and I did phone. I wanted to book 2 other treatments also, and the person I spoke to just said that I can book them on the day.
We turned up yesterday and we asked about the treatments, they offered the 50 minute treatments but didn't offer the 25 minute ones. We asked about the 2 extra treatments also and they said they were fully booked so could not fit us in and we should have booked before. This would be fair enough if we didn't ask previously but the fact that we were told not to bother booking it and we can have it on the day was unacceptable.
The spa was tired, holes were in the steam room (meaning air was getting out making it not work well) and holes and plaster missing around the door on the sauna. A couple of the loungers were broken. Leaks coming through the ceiling making huge puddles around the spa area, it isn't very pleasant coming out of the sauna and stepping into a massive freezing puddle to get to your lounger. Locks were missing on the showers and changing rooms. There were only 2 heated loungers which meant that my mother and I didn't even get a chance to relax on them.
I feel that what was supposed to be a relaxing mother's day gift turned into an inspection of the spa. Wherever we turned there were things that were unacceptable and need improving.
Having said this, the afternoon tea was very nice and all the staff were very pleasant. It would have just been more relaxing if the facilities were in a much better condition. I mean MUCH better condition!

Visited April 2013
Kent
“Avoid Avoid Avoid Avoid!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Booked up for a Spa treatment day with my partner. On arrival we had to wait 10minutes before anyone arrived at the reception desk. The treatment was meant to include robe slippers and towel but unfortunately these were not offered. The gym equipment was very dated and needed replacing but it's what you make of it. However the floor had not been hovered, the mirrors hadn't been cleaned and the equipment had sweat/water marks all over it. The glass around the pool area had finger and foot prints all over them, the sauna door was in an awful state clearly had not been cleaned in a long time. The steam room filter had been patched up with 2 plastic cups with mold growing on one seat. A dozen lockers had the locks missing or had been broken. We decided not to stay for our treatments, on speaking to the Spa Manager she told us we would have to pay a 50% cancellation fee. I have no idea why it's a 4star! We are not moaning people but we just expect a certain standard of service and cleanliness. We strongly not recommend.

Visited November 2012
Christine E, Manager at Bridgewood Manor Day Spa, responded to this review, November 24, 2012
Dear CharlieG,
Thank you for completing a review regarding your recent experience here at Bridgewood Manor Spa. I am sorry that you were disappointed with your visit, and that you were still dis-satisfied even after taking the time to discuss at length your concerns with myself on the day its self , As discussed I have raised the relevant issues with the team members concerned and gave you my direct contact details to arrange a return visit. If I can help with any thing else or you would like to discuss anything further please feel free to contact me directly.
Regards, Claire Johnson- Operations Manager