“Walked out due to awful staff. Didn't get as far as ordering food.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Porters Restaurant and Bar

Ranked #31 of 92 Restaurants in Chatham
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, Bistro
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Porters Bar & Restaurant came under new ownership from nov 2013. We have created an entire new team and kitchen team. New menu will be launched on St Georges Day 2014
Glastonbury, United Kingdom
“Walked out due to awful staff. Didn't get as far as ordering food.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Having just been around the excellent Dickens World Tour, we stopped off at Porters.

According to their website, "Here you will always find a warm, family friendly atmosphere welcoming you to our Dickensian themed establishment.".

Sadly that was not our experience.

Went to the bar to request a menu, as the tables only had wine lists. Once the staff member behind the bar has finished chatting with his mates he told me, "s'on the table". I pointed out this was not the case and suffled about for a while before thrusting a copy my way.

We had a look over and I went to order some drinks and the food. Three staff members seemed reluctant to provide the warm friendly welcome and eventually one slouched over to take the order. I only got as far as a glass of water, when the phone rang and without so much as an, "excuse me" she slouched off to answer the phone. Then she trooped off to the other end of the establishment and vanished through the back doors.

Here ends the review. They did not seem to want me to order anything. So we left..

• Visited May 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

kent england
“food was lovely, good value and staff friendly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

After being in Dickens World Porters was right next door, the food was lovely and plenty of it and very good value. All the staff was helpful and very friendly. Would go again and recommend to anyone. Only slight negetative was the table was really sticky but that was all!

Visited June 2013
“Little gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

We went to Porters for the first time recently after going to the cinema. My husband, three children and I all had mains and drinks and ate for under £60. It was very quite in the restaurant which surprised me as the food and service were excellent. We had a young man as our waiter and he was very attentive and capable. The menu is based around steaks but there is a range of foods to suit all tastes. Mains come with a choice of different potatoes and/or vegetables and portion sizes are very generous. My husband had Rib eye steak and I had butterfly chicken both of which were served at the table on a hot stone so that they finished cooking to your liking at the table. Our waiter even made sure to warn me to make sure my chicken was cooked all the way through. We will definitely return and highly recommend. If you're not in the area take a trip here

Visited May 2013
Chatham, United Kingdom
“night out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

I really like this place they have music some nights and its a really nice and friendly atmosphere alcohol not to bad of a price and to go for a night out its nice defiantly recommend it.

Visited December 2012
Halstead, United Kingdom
“Lovely lunch!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

Situated at the Dickens World, we visited Porters restaurant prior to the tour. Had a nice lunch, reasonably priced. Friendly and helpful staff.

Visited May 2013