“New Management” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Gurkhas Brother

Gurkhas Brother
1 Whiffens Avenue, Chatham ME4 4SF, England (Formerly Gurkha Cuisine)
01634 817686
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 87 Restaurants in Chatham
Cuisines: Indian, Nepali
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: Fine dine Indian & Nepalese cuisine with bar , A perfect venue for dining with quality food and friendly service.
Kent
“New Management”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

I dined there yesterday and was amazed at the difference the new management has made, the menu was greatly improved with a much wider choice of starters and main courses, the deserts were slightly better, not all ice cream as it was with the old menu. The tables and cutlery was almost upto fine dining standards, service was prompt and efficient. I only have one critisism and that was the price of their wines, even house wine was nearly £14 bottle which is far above the local average for this area.
Well worth a visit if only for the food.

• Visited January 2013

Kent,
“Still serving excellent food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

Firstly to clarify my previous review here. I did get a confirmation email and the manager has been in touch with me since the review was posted and he has received a copy of the confirmation. He found an error on the booking system and it was an unfortunate mistake and he appropriately appologised.

I returned this week and as usual the food was excellent, the service a high standard and it remains a favorite curry house for its Nepalise dishes -my kids enjoyed their more standard curries too.

I really would recommend eating here, but I am still not sure that I would trust the online booking and will ring them in future.

Kent,
“Don't book using their website”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013 via mobile

We really love the food here and have been a few times. I booked via the restaurants web site and received confirmation. We arrived with friends on the night to find the restaurant booked out to a private party, no one including the manager seemed to know what to do or say. The manager seemed embarrased but just stood there and said nothing. Not good at all and very embarrassing for us as our friends were from out of town and we had raved about the place. So we quietly left feeling really disappointed. I have sinced emailed the restaurant and had no reply.

I'm guessing IT is not their thing so stay clear of on line booking.

andaz_12, Owner at Gurkhas Brother, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Yes they booked the table our website but we did not send the conform reply because that day we was fully booked how can they say they received confirmation , if they have my reply can you ask them my reply about confirmation . This is not true , please do some thing about this review . Thank you .
Gillingham, United Kingdom
“At last - A decent restaurant in Chatham !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

I have stoically visited my favorite Indian restaurant in Chatham for almost 30 years simply because no other business could reach it's great standards - that is until last week. The Gurkhas has to be the finest mixture of Indian and Nepalese dining I have ever experienced. The food was superbly cooked and presented. The service was professional and very very friendly. My only regret in writing this review is that I know that in time it is going to be extremely difficult to get last minute bookings in the future. Going back again next Friday to show this place off to friends - cannot recommend this highly enough.

• Visited January 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Fab food and service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

We ordered our food to be delivered on New Years Eve, it came, all correct even though it was a big order. Came on time and tasted fantastic! Will definitely order again, really enjoyed the food.