“Very poor service” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Delivery, Late Night
“Very poor service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

Very poor service and over charged !! this is the second time i have been hear and its no better the second visit. very slow service and very expensive drinks that they keep asking you if you would like some more ! manager was very rude when i asked about the bill being more than what was on the menu ... will not go back again ..

• Visited June 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Canterbury, England, United Kingdom
“Customer service???”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

Today myself and my boyfriend finished our first year of university exams and thought it would be nice to celebrate with an Indian! Looking at this restaurant from the outside we thought it would be an excellent meal out... however we were sorely mistaken. First of all we were greeted with "can i help you?" as if we were phoning up BT helpline, this shocked us and sitting down at the table we felt unwelcomed and that we were imposing. We sat down at the table and said to each other to enjoy the meal even after the abrupt welcome. Then we were greeted by another rude and unhelpful waitress who could not crack a smile, mumbled, basically threw our plates down on the table and didn't make us feel comfortable or that this meal was a special occasion for us. We actually said to each other we may as well have had a takeaway at home. So I decided to complain to the manager and at first he was quite helpful and gave us free dessert but then as soon as he had my boyfriends card in the machine he became very rude and disrespectful joking about us making a fuss over nothing and that it wasn't a big deal when actually we felt it was. He also told us to be more positive about life with a sarcastic grin on his face and far as I am concerned nothing was funny. We are both students and so are pretty chilled out and like a laugh etc but this was just plain rude.

We feel robbed of our money and will never EVER go back again and would recommend to anyone considering this restaurant that if you value customer service and polite waiters then avoid the Jalsha.

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Canterbury, United Kingdom
“Breakdown in communications?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

Asked waitress if we could partake of the £12.95, starter, main and side dish offer. Was told yes this is fine. Took an age to get served. Kept being asked if we wanted more drinks, to bump up our bill I suppose. Meal was tasty. Then at the end of the night was charged per item. This meant I was charged £17.80 more than I expected. Didn't may a fuss as I thought waiter looked a bit surly and I hate confrontations. So paid up and left feeling very depressed. Won't be going back. I remember this happening at a restaurant in Margate, Advertised a set meal then charged customers per item, which of course works out much more expensive. It's a tactic to extract extra money out of customers and making them feel embarassed about disputing the bill. I didn't want my family night out to end on a sour note so I paid up.

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Broadstairs, United Kingdom
“Good Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

The service was very good, and the food was presented very well.

Visited June 2011
Canterbury
“In Wincheap - this medieval house could be missed!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2012

Not your normal location for a curry house, but well worth a trip out. Great selection of curries, and good freindly staff, a comfy bar to sit it before your table is ready make a nice change.