“Our Regular Hosts in Canterbury!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Acacia Lodge & Tanglewood Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Canterbury
Acacia Lodge & Tanglewood Bed & Breakfast
4.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   39 London Road, Canterbury CT2 8LF, England   |
Ranked #6 of 70 Canterbury B&B and Inns
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Our Regular Hosts in Canterbury!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

We've been visiting Canterbury every Summer for the last 10 years and always come back to Acacia Lodge. Tam and Mark are the perfect hosts, unfailingly polite and nothing's ever too much trouble. Great prices and great location too. I'd happily recommend Acacia to anyone looking to visit this beautiful city, always a treat.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

112 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

My wife and I had a very relaxed and comfortable stay at Acacia Lodge. Tam and Mark are very welcoming , relaxed and helpful. Nothing is too much trouble for them , and you really feel at home there. The bed we slept in ( room no 1 ) was very comfortable and the breakfast was tasty and plenty of it... Tam was very helpful and welcoming to us and my sons who visted us at the Lodge - (but were staying else where ) - Thankyou so much. This was my wife`s second stay - Tam and Mark were a great help when my wife`s first stay had to be extended because of illness. So we would not hesitate to return when we next visit Canterbury . Well recommended...Thankyou very much indeed for a lovely time 2nd- 3rd March 2013...

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
A Coruña
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

This was my first time staying at a B&B, and the experience couldn't have been better. I stayed here with a colleague for three nights, in January 2013. We were on a research visit to the University of Kent, and the place turned out to be perfectly well-situated for our needs: we walked up hill every morning and reached campus in a few minutes, and in the evening we walked back. Downtown is only a few blocks away in the opposite direction, so meeting with people for dinner was also a few minutes away by foot. For those not so fond of walking, the university bus can be boarded at the end of the street, anyway.

The place is really nice, very well taken-care of and feels just like home. This is not only due to the traditional decoration and the attention put to every detail, but also to the host family, which makes you feel very welcome from the first moment. Each room has its own full-equipped bathroom, and there is good free wireless internet access from them. The next morning, you get your freshly made customized breakfast, what else is there to be asked? Oh, yeah! The prize is very, very reasonable and you can pay with a credit card!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

I stayed here with my boyfriend in the Summer 2012 after recently graduating from UKC as it was close to our old uni accomodation. Tam was incredibly helpful, friendly and warm in all our communications with her via email and even more so when we actually met her. She had made our room up beautifully (one of the top double rooms facing the street) and even took the time to sit and chat with us! She was accomodating about us ordering food in and we even met her lovely children who offered us ice cream on our arrival - a real family feel here!

Breakfast was delicious and plentiful (thank you Mark) even using eggs laid by their own hen (which we got to meet later on!) and they could never do enough for you.

I would highly recommend staying at Acacia Lodge to anyone, and often book my annual trips back to Canterbury with them whenever they're not booked!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

I stayed at Acacia Lodge in November 2012 for 6 nights while visiting my daughter who was a student at U of Kent. My first impressions began with emails, in which the owners were so warm and helpful in answering my questions about traveling to Canterbury. They saved me time and money before I even arrived! The facility is clean, comfortable, and quiet. The rooms are small but cozy and well appointed. Breakfast is excellent and served in a lovely dining room. Tam and Mark are hospitable, helpful, and a pleasure to talk with. The location can't be beat - an easy walk to Canterbury's high street (try the picturesque back way through the park), and located very near a bus stop to the University as well as the train station. I was on foot, so this was ideal. If I ever travel to Canterbury again, this is where I'll stay. Highly recommended.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Aalst, Oost-Vlaanderen, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

First time Canterbury for us. Nice surprise! Acacia lodge contributed largely to a great discovery and experience. Warm welcome, cosy and perfectly clean. Very comfortable. Breakfast is excellent. Walking distance from the heart of Canterbury. Plenty parking space. We'll be back.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

My weekend works in Canterbury were made easy by staying at this B&B. We will definitely come back next weekend. The room was clean, comfortable with everything we asked for. The breakfast was freshly prepared with nice ground coffee.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to Acacia Lodge & Tanglewood Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!