“Absolutely fabulous food experience” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Amsterdam, Nederland
“Absolutely fabulous food experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

Booking essential. Wonderful atmosphere, food fabulous. You can also go during the day or for a drink in the evening, but if you are looking for something special for an evening meal, you've just found it.

• 5 of 5 stars Food

Canterbury UK
“Good fresh food, but have had better choice.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

After many months hearing good reviews we managed to try this place. We thought it was a lovely environment watching people shopping at the stalls while we ate on the gallery. Food is obviously selected fresh for the day as the menus had the date printed on them. But today's menu did not have a large choice and nothing to go "thats different lets try this". I had the trout omlette as a starter followed by skate main meal. My wife had the chicken main meal. Both were very enjoyable but not where we will want to return next week (not like our visit at the Tankerton restaurant). BUT we would return sometime in the future, as there are at least 4 other restaurants around Canterbury with good reviews that we MUST try first.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Basildon, United Kingdom
“Great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Visited the Goods Shed for lunch in a party of four. Food was delicious and the view of the railway sidings along which stood a steam train, complete with Pullman coaches was an added bonus. One slight disappointment was that there was only one vegetarian main course on the menu, rather surprising given the wide range of veggies available in the farmers' market. My starter of lamb patties on a chickpea puree with a yoghurt dressing was lovely and main course of salmon with samphire and butter sauce was equally delicious. Service was superb and all in all it was a very enjoyable way to spend a Saturday afternoon!

• 4 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“" A tale of two sittings "”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

I have had breakfast here recently and I must say it was rather good with charming service, so when the situation arose too have lunch here It did not take to much pursuassion.
It did not bode well as I looked at the wine list, poor chioces with little to get excited about, I plumped for a SW France Viognier, it should be bursting with ripe tropical fruit flavours and umpsious, it was neither but just steely dry and flat, forgive my spelling due to my dyslexia.
Service was ok buy neither good or bad, the requested bread basket was standard but the bread selection poor, also a miniscule amount of butter.
I had the Ox cheeks for the main which was almost cold as was the plate that it was served on, I did point out too the resteraunt manager that if the waiting staff can serve plates without the need for oven cloths then the plates can never be warm enough to serve hot food , My pet hate is luke warm food.
The pudding a choclate brownie with salted caramel ice cream was a little better but I felt that the brownie was a little tired and crusty.
I agree with other reveiwers that they do rest a little on their laurals and do think that they are a little better than they realy are.
I should also add that the Menu is very short on choice and to be truly honest the food was hugley dissapointing, The only saveing grace was that I was not paying for it, I only knew this when my guest generously paid for it without my knowing.
I was offered an alternative main course but choose a starter of Lamb patties on a chick pea purre ok but only just.
A great shame really as the setting is good just a shame the chefs are not.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Broadstairs, United Kingdom
“Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

The restaurant is lovely ,situated in an old barn. We had mains and pudding and wine for £60 which I thought was a good price. The bread was beautiful and free of charge. The mains tasted very good , I had salmon my husband had the sirlion . Although the sauce on my salmon was a bit cold. The down side was how cold the place was, we were sat at the far end away from the kitchen nearer the end doors and the draft was freezing :( . I would ask to sit nearer the kitchen next time.

Visited June 2013