“Beautiful house, perfect location!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The White House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Canterbury
The White House
You added The White House to your Saves list
4.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   6 St. Peters Lane, Canterbury CT1 2BP, England   |
Ranked #1 of 75 Canterbury B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Kent, United Kingdom
“Beautiful house, perfect location!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I was enchanted with The White House! Loved the tasteful decor throughout, the comfort of my en-suite room, the location in the heart of Canterbury - almost next door to the superb Marlowe Theatre - yet in a quiet, pretty street. Adrian was a very welcoming and helpful host. The breakfast was excellent and I really enjoyed the freshly-cooked food served in the attractive dining room. I'd recommend The White House to anyone wanting a lovely base (with a bit of interesting history attached) in Canterbury.

Room Tip: As a single traveller I had a room at the top of the house at the front, and found it very pleasant...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Sussex
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

We have just returned from a wonderfully relaxing 2 night stay at The White House and would like to extend our thanks to host Adrian for making our stay so comfortable. From the courtesy calls prior to our arrival, to a warm welcome on our arrival and excellent advice and friendly service throughout our stay we have nothing but high praise for this great place. The location is incredible, so close to the High Street without any of the possible noise. The nearby car park and £5 daily vouchers available at the hotel meant we did not have to think about our car throughout our stay. The room itself, Rm 1, was immaculate, beautifully decorated, had the biggest and most comfortable bed we have ever slept in and the pillows and duvets were soft and fluffy. The bathroom with large shower was lovely too. Breakfasts were delicious and served in a friendly manner. We certainly would have no hesitation to stay again if we were to be in Canterbury again and would certainly recommend The White House to our friends.

Room Tip: Room 1 was so peaceful - we were not once disturbed by noise of any kind.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Nottingham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Very nice and tastefully decorated B & B, quite difficult to find modern B & B with history! Plenty of B & Bs in Canterbury with the olde worlde feel - but this is not for me! Room 5 was really nice, everything needed and spolessly clean. The whole house has a lovely feel to it and Adrian was most welcoming and nothing seemed too much trouble. I didn't have the cooked breakfast but there was a great choice if required and once again everything was tastefully done with a modern twist without compromising the history attached to the building. I would definitely recommend - especially so for the location.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Herts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Compared to the hotels in Canterbury this B&B offers great value for money with comfortable rooms and excellent breakfast.

The room was clean and the bed was comfortable with a variety of different pillows which I like.

If you're staying for longer than one night I would recommend one of the larger rooms.

Little things like no indiviual shampoo and conditioners, only two milk pots and no radiator in the bathroom (only a heated towel rail) prevent this from being rated 5/5, however overall we had a good stay and would return.

Formby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

The White House is a beautiful old house with all modern amenities and furnishings, but retaining the character and charm of this listed building. It is within easy walking distance from the two railway stations and the bus station, in a peaceful side road, yet only minutes from the hustle and bustle of the main street.
Our on- suite room was spotlessly clean and comfortable. The tea/coffee making facility in the room was complimented by the provision of bottled water. This is, in my opinion, an important facility but not one that is found in many such establishments.
Adrian, our host, was extremely attentive and helpful with his local knowledge. Breakfast was excellent; freshly and individually cooked using quality ingredients.
We enjoyed our three night stay and to sum up I would suggest you look at the excellent White House web site - what you see is what you will get.
There is an abundance of eating establishments in Canterbury, but if one is looking for a traditional style pub offering excellent freshly cooked food we would recommend the Millers' Arms; only a few minutes walk from the White House. Adrian will give you directions.

Dongara, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

Looking at the map before I went to Canterbury I thought I was like a 15 minute walk from the centre of Canterbury How could I be more wrong. One minute away from main street with lots to see and 5 minutes walk from the Cathedral. Parking 2 minutes away at five pounds a day payable to owners of White House for special parking ticket. Although I had a top storey bedroom, the room was very clean and had all my needs. Shower was fantastic. Hosts friendly and breakfasts good.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Fredericia, Denmark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

My wife and I had a pleasent stay at the White House in Canterbury. We really liked the nice room which was very clean and kept clean during our stay. The bathroom is excellent and much better than what we have seen elsewhere in the UK. I was working monday till wednesday and although breakfast was usually first served from eight they were flexible and I had my breakfast at 7.15, cerials and coffee for me :). Later my wife got her breakfast and a traditional english breakfast was available from 8.00-9.00. Adrian was very helpfull we had a nice chat with him several times, we or most of all my wife got good guidance of what to see and where to go. We can only recommend the White House to any guests.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The White House? Share your experiences!