“Adorable” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tudor House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Canterbury
Tudor House
You added Tudor House to your Saves list
3.0 of 5 Guest house   |   6 Best Lane, Canterbury CT1 2JB , England   |
Ranked #33 of 71 Canterbury B&B and Inns
Novara, Italy
“Adorable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Spent there 2 nights and loved it, as my husband and 6 yrs old daughter did. B&B is in the very heart of the old city. The family room ("K") is clean, large and comfortable, with ensuite restroom + bathroom of exclusive usage on the same floor. Small area with armchairs and coffee/tea facilities much appreciated. Guests are adorable, exquisite, and gave us precious hints about the city (not the same hints as always, they were specific, interesting, particular). I would recommend Tudor House and I definitely hope to stay there again soon.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

Regardless of the good localisation and the tidiness of the place, the owner, who is also responsible to 'welcoming' the guests is a rude and nasty person.
Despite me and my colleagues (we were staying there to attend to a 3 days conference with a intense social program) had told him that would not be possible to check-in before 7pm, as they request in their thousand rules, he passed the whole time complaining about the time that we arrived.
But as it was not enough, in the last night when we arrived at the hotel after our closing party of the conference, he was awake, waiting for us just to disqualify and devalue us for the time that we arrived, for the way that we walk through the hotel, for our age and nationality!!!UNBELIEVABLE!!!!
This guy is definitely running the wrong business!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

We spent the weekend with one of my best friends at the Tudor House!
The gentleman who welcomed us was very nice and explained us how everything works and gave us some handy information.
Room was very confortable and clean, but most of all we appreciate the unbeatable location! Just right in the city centre!
Full English breakfast in the morning was amazing! Congrats to the landlady!

I recommend it if you look for a traditional and charm place very well located!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
larkspur
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Right in the center of the old part of the city, this little bed and breakfast was a jewel in a medieval crown! One could not ask for more - incredibly kind, helpful and friendly owners, clean rooms, and fantastic breakfast. It was the best value for our trip, but also one of the best memories of Canterbury!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

The owners are so sweet!!!! And the breakfast was so nice & so much food. They served OJ & hot drinks & cold cereal & a whole plateful of hot food of traditional English breakfast. Plus a fresh apple at the end. Mmmm! What a great way to start the day. They also remembered how we preferred our eggs cooked the second morning. The great breakfast made the place an even better value than just the reasonably priced room. The rooms were very clean & the B&B was perfectly located. The owners also gave great suggestions for activities & seeing the cathedral for free by attending the evening song, which was enjoyable anyway. What a perfect weekend in Canterbury!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Brighton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here with my parents for my graduation. The hotel is in a central location which makes it perfect for getting about, it even has pizza express next door if you're hungry! The rooms are very tidy and clean and fit in well with the rest of the b&b. The only downside is that it was a little bit noisey at night, but this soon died down. We probably heard it more because our room was at the front of the b&b. We had a lovely breakfast in the morning and the owners were extremely friendly and they let us check in early.
I would recommend this b&b!

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Greenwood, SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

The Tudor House on Best Lane is truly the best in Canterbury! Mamad and Mazi always make my groups feel comfortable and right at home. This is a 500-year-old house with so much history and character. It is centrally located inside the city walls and is just a short walk to all that Canterbury has to offer the traveler. Two rail stations are also in short walking distance. The warm and friendly owners always provide a comfortable room, a delicious breakfast cooked to order, and any help which they can provide. They make dinner reservations for us and are available for travel advice or anything else which we might have a question about. During my visit, I was having a problem with my bank back home, and Mamad went out of his way to help me sort out the problem. I could not ask for lovelier hosts, and I never will because I will never stay anywhere but the Tudor House while I am in Canterbury. The house and the owners truly are the BEST!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Tudor House? Share your experiences!