The room and shower room (no bath) were spotlessly clean as were the bed-linen and towels. However the room was very spartan with only a single plastic chair at the very thin desk as the only seating other than the bed. (No sofa as illustrated in the photographs on this site.) There was nowhere to put a suitcase other than on the bed and only a hanging rail and a single shelf above it to put clothes. Breakfast is Extra. Parking is Extra. Apart from a very thin sliver of soap there are no toiletries. There is a small kettle with 2 tea bags, 2 coffee sachets and 2 decaf coffee sachets together with 2 milk pots and sugar/sweetner.
The location of the hotel is very convenient for walking to the Cathedral and shops, but is a little difficult to find if you are negotiating the Canterbury traffic which can be horrendous around the inner ringroad. It was generally quiet except for some passing late-night revellers. The only member of staff I encountered was very polite and helpful.
This hotel is ideal for a flying visit, but for anything more than just a single night I would suggest looking elsewhere for a room that you want to be more than just somewhere to sleep.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel built around attractive old House & retaining Regency appearance & atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, EasyToBook and Otel so you can book your Travelodge Canterbury Chaucer Central reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Travelodge Canterbury Chaucer Central Hotel Canterbury
- Swallow Chaucer Canterbury
- Hotel Swallow Chaucer
- Chaucer Hotel Canterbury