A bit hard to find the first time but have stayed here previously and is a great central location as the name suggests. Parking is limited and paid for (£5 a day).
The reception area is grand and the staff more than courteous. During the Summer months I would recommend asking reception for a fan when checking in as the bedrooms can get a bit hot and the windows are all restricted opening 'for your safety'.
Rooms are good and basic as you would expect but the breakfast was unexpected - I've stayed in a few Travelodge's and either been handed a 'breakfast bag' on arrival, else had a 'breakfast box' delivered in the morning. Here I believe there is a cafe/restaurant and a buffet selection of cooked, full English breakfast - Not too bad either.
Thanks Travelodge - Hope this is a sign of things to come!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel built around attractive old House & retaining Regency appearance & atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, TripOnline SA and EasyToBook so you can book your Travelodge Canterbury Chaucer Central reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Travelodge Canterbury Chaucer Central Hotel Canterbury
- Swallow Chaucer Canterbury
- Hotel Swallow Chaucer
- Chaucer Hotel Canterbury