“Great Family Lunch Cafe” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #29 of 243 Restaurants in Canterbury
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Bistro offering a selection of freshly prepared Mediterranean dishes and a great wine list.Serving Brunch, Lunch & High Tea.Home made cakes & pastries. Take away options.
Canterbury, United Kingdom
“Great Family Lunch Cafe”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

As soon as you walk into Leonora's Kitchen you can feel the child-friendly atmosphere, you can smell the home-made sauces and feel the warmth. It is a lovely little cafe and well worth a visit. You get served right away and the food is well worth the small wait. It is all cooked fresh to order andI have to mention that the hot chocolates are simply stunning! Well-done. :)

Canterbury, United Kingdom
“Great place for conversations, delicious food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I have been invited to Leonora's Kitchen twice as part of a group of 10 - 12 colleagues and - on both occasions - enjoyed the wonderfully intimate atmosphere (we were the only guests). It was as relaxed as if I was dining at home only with much better food and no work for me involved. Quiet classical music which does not distract from the conversation is for me the biggest bonus in any restaurant plus delicious food and very friendly service. I am looking forward to going there again.

• Visited March 2013
Southampton, United Kingdom
“food as good as mama made it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

small welcoming restaurant food freshly cooked in front of customers. staff courteous, attentive and responsive. excellent, delicious food and other choices if wanted.

Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
“Great first visit to Leonora's Kitchen”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

We had a really warm welcome when we went to have a family lunch at Leonora's kitchen. The staff were helpful and efficient and the food was delicious and beautifully presented. Good variety of dishes on the menu with everything freshly cooked. With some of the family needing dairy free choices it was great to be able to go somewhere confident that their needs could be accomodated. For us without having to watch the diet the locally sourced cheeseboard with savoury scones was a delightful highlight. You really should visit next time you are in Canterbury.

Canterbury, England, United Kingdom
“A lovely welcoming and family friendly bistro !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

I have been twice to Leonora's kitchen and really enjoyed the place. The first time, I came with my baby in her pushchair, with a friend who also had a baby in a pushchair. The lady serving was very friendly and helpful and found some space for our buggies. My friend and I enjoyed the Italian platter very much, especially the home-made tomato sauce, but the highlight of the lunch was the Danish crown cake which was delicious and something I had never had before. The second time I visited Leonora's kitchen, I had a yummy scone still warm from the oven. I would say that, although the front part of the restaurant doesn't seem to be very large, you can go there with your kids as the ladies are welcoming to children. I would recommend Leonora's kitchen to my friends and look forward to coming back to try the soups and other main courses.

Visited February 2013