“Friendly, family run cosy bistro in Canterbury.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #32 of 298 Restaurants in Canterbury
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Bistro offering a selection of freshly prepared Mediterranean dishes and a great wine list.Serving Brunch, Lunch & High Tea.Home made cakes & pastries. Take away options.
“Friendly, family run cosy bistro in Canterbury.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

I have been here several times now since Karen took over this bistro and on every occasion i have been warmly greeted by Karen or Rebecca. the atmosphere is always welcoming,the service is good and the food delicious. they also serve,in my opinion, the tastiest coffee in town. the Burn's night supper was absolutely spot on. the atmosphere was fun and all the courses were absolutely delicious. the haggis neeps and tatties, the venison casserole and the sweet were the best i had tasted. the venison melted in your mouth it was superb. i would and indeed do, recommend this bistro to friends as nothing beats the warm friendly welcome a family run business offers.

London, United Kingdom
“Friendly and Cosy Bistro”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Really enjoyed a family lunch at Leonora's Kicthen. Very friendly, helpful staff and owner! Excellent service and delicious food!! Really liked the intimate feel of being in the kitchen, almost felt like a home from home (without having to do any of the work myself)! The staff kindly made a special vegetarian platter with all my favourite ingredients, would definitely recommend this lovely little Bistro!

• Visited February 2013
Folkestone, United Kingdom
“Fab new Bistro in Canterbury.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Leonora's Bistro (15 Palace St.) is a sheer delight! I liked it so much I took a second friend for lunch the following week-this is now firmly fixed as my favourite. The staff are most attentive, knowledgeable and friendly, creating a lovely relaxed atmosphere and,with soft music playing in the background sets the perfect ambience for a long, and chatty lunch. The first time we had the two course lunch priced at under £7, the next time we tried the three course for only £9.50! The owner/chef is so knowledgeable and was able to tell us exactly what ingredients were used and that as many as possible are sourced locally-supporting other small businesses in the area.The menu is varied mainly European and Mediterranean and very well cooked, everything we have tried has been absolutely delicious, (My teenage daughter has also been in with friends for afternoon coffee and cake, she says she will definitely return again.) To sum up great food, service, atmosphere, choice and price-do try it.

Whitstable, United Kingdom
“Friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

I was met with a pleasant smile and shown to a comfortable table, not at all intimated as I was on my own. The staff chatted easily with me, making me feel very welcome, whilst I drank a delicious cappuccino. I felt the staff were proud and cared about the restaurant and their customers, it was spotless. All the original food is freshly cooked to order. A bargain for two courses.

Canterbury, United Kingdom
“Disappointed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

My Husband booked a table for the two of us last Saturday as a Birthday treat having loved eating here in the past. We were both really disappointed with the food & atmosphere.
On arrival the place was empty (not usually the case on a Saturday) and lacked any atmosphere.
The food was tasteless and the bread was stale. We learnt that this restaurant is under new management and in my opinion it has lost everything that I once loved about it. I don't think we will be going back

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
LeonorasKitchen, Owner at Leonora's Kitchen, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
I am sorry your visit to Leonora’s Kitchen didn’t meet with your expectations. We are a completely new business under new ownership, not an Italian restaurant as the building had been in the past, but a relaxed café / bistro with an international menu. Our menu changes frequently and our many happy customers do appreciate us talking them through the menu. Yes, it was quiet when you were there but from 1.30 onwards all tables were full and we continued to be very busy until the end of the day. In fact my waitress was due to go at 2pm but had to stay until 4pm because of the number of customers. We are looking into music in the café as atmosphere is important to us. All of our food is cooked from scratch using fresh and seasonal ingredients.
Yours sincerely, Karen Franczak, owner.