“Absolutely delicious meal and great value for money” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #49 of 293 Restaurants in Canterbury
Cuisines: Pizza & Pasta, Grill
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
“Absolutely delicious meal and great value for money”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

We visited Canterbury today - what a beautiful historic place. For dinner we went to the Wildwood. We'd checked it out on TA before hand and can honestly say that it well exceeded our expectations. The quality was first class, the price was very reasonable and quantity way more than plenty.
Service was pretty good. Staff friendly although our foreign waitress wasn't particularly attentive but it wasn't an issue as there were loads of other staff to assist. I wish there was one of these where we live! Best meal we've enjoyed in the last 2 years I'd say. Excellent.

Isle of Man, United Kingdom
“Really good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014 via mobile

After much debate over where to eat lunch while exploring Canterbury we settled on this restaurant based on viewing the menu.

It's much bigger inside than it initially looks and nicely decorated. Ideally located too if you're shopping around Central Canterbury.

Good choice on the menu, quite varied with something for everyone. The food came promptly and was delicious, much better then we were expecting.

Only rating 4 out of 5 due to slow waiting staff. Once the restaurant filled up a bit more with lunchtime customers we were left waiting too long for our plates to be cleared and then again for the bill to arrive. Minor niggle but didn't ruin the overall experience.

Would definitely recommend.

Visited April 2014
Brighton
“A good dinner for 2”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

The building is superb and in a wonderful location. The welcome was warm and friendly.

We weren't starving, so just shared the mozarella garlic bread with caramelised onion. It was much bigger than expected and tasted great.

I had the regular burger with cheese and bacon, my partner had the lamb burger. Both were juicy and very nicely chargrilled. Fries were crispy with a hint of rosemary.

I wish we were more hungry so we could have had a dessert!

The service was average but fine.

All in all, a great experience

London, England, United Kingdom
“Unbelievably good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

Don't go anywhere else! The food here is just too good! We booked Wildwood after reading the reviews on TripAdvisor and I'm so glad we did!
I ate the chicken and bacon risotto, which is the best i have ever tasted and my husband had the chorizo burger. The kids loved their pizzas and the portions were really generous!
The atmosphere was wonderful and the staff were attentive. Please try the melt-in-the-mouth foccacia too!

Visited April 2014
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Great First Visit - Amazing Value for Money”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

Went on a Wednesday evening and was seated immediately at a lovely table with a candle and cushions. The place had a very comfortable and warm atmosphere. We were immediately served and offered water and olives. The starters - calamari and garlic and rosemary bread - were tasty and quick. The best bread I've had for a while. A nice gap followed our meals which were extremely tasty - I've never had a wild mushroom and thyme pizza before and loved it. The pizza sauce was extremely tasty and not too much cheese either.

The 2 for £10 course meal with a drink is great value; the calamari starter was huge as was the pizza and it was included in my 25% student discount. Alongside drinks, that offer, a pizza, starter and dessert off of the normal menu with the discount came to £23 which was incredible.

If I could recommend one thing to the restaurant, so I could visit more often, is if they could have one extra vegetarian option. There are not that many available and those that do not contain meat contain parmesan (any other non-rennet hard cheese would be fine!), particularly in the pasta dishes which I really wanted to try.

• Visited April 2014