“Well worth a visit” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Canterbury Heritage Museum

Canterbury Heritage Museum
Stour Street, Canterbury CT1 2NR , England (Formerly Heritage Museum)
1227 475202
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
3 attraction reviews
“Well worth a visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

An enjoyable two hours spent discovering the extensive history of Canterbury our family of five all enjoyed the visit with exhibits suitable for our three children from eight to seventeen years.

Visited December 2012

Globetrotter.
29 attraction reviews
“Huge museum full of interesting exhibits.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

This museum was much bigger than I was anticipating. You could get a combined ticket with the roman ruins museum, although I would recommend doing just this one over that or the two of them. This one was more interesting and covered much more history, including a lot of the information given at the Roman museum as well. It covers the entire history of Canterbury and was interesting and informative. Very good!

Visited December 2012
London, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“Extensive - something of interest for everyone”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

We bought combined tickets for this, the West Gate Tower and the Roman Museum back in the summer, but at the time of purchase the staff let us go round the museum without marking our tickets as it was late in the day, and we really appreciated having an hour to make a head start, as it were, visiting properly in October.

I kept getting caught out, every time I thought we were coming to the end, we'd turn a corner or go down some stairs and there'd be a whole new section to discover. If I'm honest, I generally start to flag after about an hour in a museum, but I can honestly say that didn't happen here at all, it was really interesting from start to finish and next time we're in Canterbury I'm sure we'd repeat the experience as it's genuinely enjoyable. Lots for children to do too.

Anyone going just for Bagpuss/Clangers take note: before you reach that part of the museum there's a whole long mural (60ft?) done by Oliver Postgate and a lady whose name I can't recall on the life and times of Thomas Becket, it's a real labour of love and worth taking the time to read it and appreciate the art, which is so colourful it could have been done yesterday.

Visited October 2012
Cirencester, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
“Brilliant ...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

In all fairness, we only wanted to see the Oliver Postgate exhibition and didn't look at anything else, but as a lifelong fan of Bagpuss and the Clangers it was awesome to see them all firsthand, especially Emily's shop window. Well worth a visit!

Visited July 2012
Watford, United Kingdom
13 attraction reviews
“Very good museum”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

I really enjoyed coming to this museum. Firstly, it cost £8 an adult, which I didn't think was bad considering we were there for about 1 1/2 hours. The museum tells the story of Canterbury from Roman times through to WW2. There is plenty of things for children to do - and adults (we tried on the WW2 helmets!) There is also a Bagpuss section and an area dedicated to Rupert the Bear. All in and interesting and fun museum that is suitable for all ages.

Visited October 2012