“I could write a book about the manager (Hassan)” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Indian, Nepali, Bangladeshi
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Delivery, Late Night
Canterbury, England, United Kingdom
“I could write a book about the manager (Hassan)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

The first thing I did after dinning here is I went straight home and started writing this review. I always have a great time when I'm with my friends but there was something special about tonight that made the night even better: the staff. I can't put in words how polite, friendly and helpful they are. I am sure next time I will go there just to stare at Hassan (who introduced himself in the most professional way). We had chicken tikka and when they brought the food they put some brandy on top and the next thing we saw was a big flame. WOW...such an amazing night I had and mainly because of the excellent staff.

• Visited October 2013

81% Recommend
“Food is good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

Went here for a pre theatre meal and we were the first couple through the door.

Decor wise this place is nothing special but with a few minor tweaks would make massive improvements. As you enter the first table you see had a stack of books on it, mainly recipe books from the 70s or 80s. I am guessing these are for customers that sit and wait for a takeaway. But removing them would improve the place instantly.

The waiter that showed us to our table was pleasant and polite but the few Staines on his white shirt were slightly off putting and I was starting to worry had I made a wrong decision.

We ordered a drink and poppadoms which were very nice.

For our mains we opted to share the following:
Mushroom rice
Tandoori chicken tikka
Vegetable curry
Keema nan
Saag paneer

The food was all very nice and whilst we were waiting the waiter apologised for the delay, but explained the process of cooking the chicken fresh In the tandoor oven etc. Personally I didn't think we had been waiting that long so not a problem, but a nice touch non the less.

The sag paneer had a nice hint of coconut to it and this made a refreshing change. And all the above dishes were very nice, especially the chicken which literally melted in the mouth.

I would definitely use this establishment again and with a few tweaks this restaurant could really show improvements.

Visited October 2013
Frederick, Maryland
“Nice night”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

Great food, great friends...4 grad students embarking on our journey. The service was nice, Hassan took care of us with an after dinner cordial! Awesome food...so good we had to share all the plates on the table!

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Very helpful staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

Had a lovely experience with the raj venue. Takeaway or eating in. Amazing staff very friendly and knowledgeable about their menu. Will keep returning

• Visited September 2013
Cayman Islands
“Very Impressed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Visited on a Saturday evening without a reservation but managed to get seated without difficulty. The menu offered a good variety of starters and mains at a very reasonable price. We were all very impressed with the quality of the food which ranked as amongst the best Indian we have experienced. The portions were generous and the chicken dishes were particularly tender and flavoursome - nice cool Cobra on tap to wash it down! The manager was very attentive and very friendly. Overall a very pleasant experience.

• Visited August 2013