“A little piece of rural France - in Canterbury!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Coffee Shop, French
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Ramsgate, United Kingdom
“A little piece of rural France - in Canterbury!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

I have always been a fan of (nearly) all things French. I love France - it's food, it's wine, and it's general ambience. Incidentally, my father was a French American - so no bias there, then. Imagine how delighted I was to stumble across this delightful French cafe, right in the heart of Canterbury. The coffee was every bit as good as one would expect, and my pain du chocolat was out of this world. The only thing that spoiled the totally authentic atmosphere was the English-speaking staff! (You can't have everything). To sum up, I loved it, and my wife and I shall certainly be returning here as soon as possible. Lovely!

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Croydon, United Kingdom
“A pleasant cafe with good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

My partner and I went here for afternoon refreshments and enjoyed the experience. It is a small cafe with a French feel. The coffee was good and my Croque Monsieur was delicious and came with dijon mustard and raisin mustard in pots (you must try the raisin mustard!). We also had a slice of European cheesecake which was delicious but somewhat lacking creaminess in texture.
We were served by a number of girls all who were friendly and attentive.
The only thing I will say is that the board at the entrance inside only lists coffee prices for small sizes, and we did not know that they could make coffee in a mug. Had we known this we would have gone for a bigger size. So I think that the waitresses should bring this to the customer's attention when ordering at the entrance.
We would recommend Cafe St Pierre for those visiting Canterbury.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Canterbury, England, United Kingdom
“YUM”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Somehow the appealing delights of the pastries in the windows suck me in everytime. A proper little french cafe on english soil. Lovely pain au chocolates and my favourite a 'smelly cheese' baguette frequently makes it onto the specials menu :). They have a little back yard with tables which is lovely in the summer.

Visited February 2013
Rochester
“French coffee, baguette and pastries”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Charming cafe and welcoming staff. We had baguettes, coffee but couldn't resists the divine blueberry tart. An authentic treat.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Warwick, United Kingdom
“Very Nice Luncheon”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Four friends out for a day in Canterbury. Whole street filled with the "multinational" coffee houses etc - ignore them all, come to Cafe St Pierre. We had tasy baguettes (many choices) savoury quiches and cheesecake heaven ! Really worth it - but it was much cheaper than I'd have paid in one of the "big name" cafe/restaurants along this street.

Good service and the owner on duty too - so no complaints, just a very big "thank you" to them all. The coffee was heavenly too - it tasted French, it looked French and it's aroma was french.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere