“Local, yummy food with good service!” 4 of 5 stars

01227 767 854
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Deeson's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 243 Restaurants in Canterbury
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: British
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dessert, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: Canterbury now benefits from the new high speed link to London as well as a regular network of rail, coach and bus routes.
Description: Deeson"s restaurant is a British restaurant set in the heart of the historic Cathedral city of Canterbury. At Deeson's we pride ourselves on serving the best of seasonal produce that is available to us from Kent the allotment of England and Britain. Our menu celebrates everything that is great about Britain and it's culinary history. At Deeson's we have the freedom to change our menu's on a daily basis directed by the feedback we receive from our suppliers letting us know which products are particularly good at any given time.
Canterbury, United Kingdom
“Local, yummy food with good service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I are locals and went here for a Friday evening treat. The service was very good and the staff were very friendly. We had the pigeon and the seafood platter to start. Although very tasty the seafood platter was quite small. We had chicken and pork for main which were both delicious. And, we squeezed in amaretto chocolate dessert. Again, very tasty!
The food seemed to be mostly locally sourced as did the beer. Always a good thing.
Even though a little pricy, we will visit again!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Kent
“Beautiful food, fantastic service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I have eaten at Deesons on a number of occasions and always look forward to it. The food is modern British, and uses local, fresh produce. The chef mixes some unusual taste combinations, but always to delicious affect. Portion sizes aren't generous, but that means I always have room for one their fabulous puddings! Service is truly excellent. Attentive, but not cloying, and the staff know their stuff. Can't wait for my next visit!

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Beaufort, South Carolina
“Traditional”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Deeson's is my view of a more traditional British restaurant with great service and very good food in a less casual atmosphere than the pubs. Im told by a local professor that it is the most popular restaurant to take visiting businessmen. My wife and I had a very comfortable and pleasant time there with two colleagues, and enjoyed a return visit by ourselves on a latter trip. If you are interested in eating somewhere other than pubs, this is a very good choice.

• Visited October 2012
Canterbury, United Kingdom
“Amazing meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Me and my boyfriend went here for a meal after reading the good reviews. The food was excellent! We shared a pork trio starter which was lovely. He had the beef main course, which looked amazing. I had the chicken dish which was very tasty and a large portion size. The desserts we had were also soo tasty. The service was attentive and fast. Considering we had a delicious 3 course meal it wasn't ridiculously overpriced. We will definitely be returning.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Folkestone, United Kingdom
“Amazing food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Went to Deeson's in February for a family reunion. The waitress was friendly, good-humoured and charming, and was very helpful.

As someone who doesn't drink wine, I'm used to feeling left out when it comes to nice food/drink pairings, so I was pleasantly surprised that they had a very nice selection of fruit juices. I had pear juice, and it was delicious.

The menu was very impressive. I've never really eaten anywhere fancy before, and there was a huge selection. I had a goats cheese salad starter - delicious - a chicken roast dinner main - loads of sides including yorkshire pud and stuffing, all lovely - and a chocolate brownie with ice cream for dessert. Oh my GODS that brownie, Warm, gooey and almost liquid inside. The best I've had.

My partner had artichoke soup, the same main as me and a cheeseboard. His only complaint was he'd have liked more garlic in the soup, and we both couldn't figure out what the "game chips" served with the main were. We had anticipated crispy slivers of some game meat or some sort of crackling, but they looked like lattice-cut crisps.

There was a decent menu choice for the kids, although their portions were a bit big - the girls had steak, and the meat portion for each was the size and thickness of my fist. Would have been a treat, cooked blue, but as a medium-rare for small children, they struggled to cut it and had to be helped. About half as much would have been plenty.

Would recommend for families without children and romantic dinners. Food quality is top notch!

• Visited February 2013