“better than omsins thai food!!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #58 of 237 Restaurants in St. Albans
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery
hertfordshire
“better than omsins thai food!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

delicious takeaway food, delivered promptly with no problems, i asked for a menu which was put in, also got a free beer and free crackers :D food was very good i would go to the restaurant on the strength of the takeaway service. only one gripe that was the rice, a bit of a small amount for the cost but that was ok as the rest was so good!

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

London, United Kingdom
“Great place for Thai food lovers.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

I've been going to this restaurant for 7 years now and it's still as good as ever. The food is excellent, authentic and very reasonably priced. The service is always very good too. It's not a plush restaurant but if you want great unpretentious food I can thouroughly recommend this place.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
St. Albans, United Kingdom
“Fast and tasty”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

Lunch times are a good time to visit. The last time we went, we had ordered and been served food within ten minutes of entry. Not bad!! Their thai green and red curries are to die for and they also offer a range of other tasty stir fries/pad thai etc. Good value (lunch dishes including rice are about £6). Would recommend.

Visited March 2013
St Albans
“Quick and easy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

The speed of service, simplicity of the menu and the presentation are all great features. It is an ideal quick stop for lunch, inexpensive and fast

Visited February 2013
St. Albans, United Kingdom
“Interesting customer service experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I went to pin petch on the 18th February for lunch. We had been here before and had previously had a lovely experience as the food served here is (usually) very good.
I ordered the Tom yum (prawn) soup starter and pad Thai (prawn) both of which were very good.
My wife ordered the mix starter and a prawn green curry. She made a point of asking the person who took our order that she didn't like the soup too spicy. The waitress said she would speak to the kitchen staff to make sure they didn't make this dish spicy.
Our starters were both very good and then I all went downhill.
My wife's main course turned up and after the waitress left it on the table my wife realised it was chicken and not prawn as she had asked. We called the waitress over and politely asked if the soup was chicken based which she agreed. My wife mentioned that she had ordered prawn and the waitress stood there not really saying very much before asking my wife if she liked chicken. My wife said she did but wanted a prawn green curry. Again, the waitress stood there and didn't say too much. I thought she was going to offer to take the plate away and return with the main course my wife had ordered. My wife got to the point where she saw we weren't getting anywhere so said she would eat the chicken curry. One mouthful later and she turned bright red from the heat of the soup. We called the waitress over and mentioned that the soup was very spicy and she took it away and said she would get the kitchen staff to sort it out. She returned a few minutes later with the same bowl however the curry now looked white. My wife asked what they had added and the waitress said lots of coconut cream to cool it down. My wife took one mouthful and said the green curry tasted horrible (and she eats anything!). My wife said that she didn't Want to eat it and put it to one side. I asked her if she wanted to eat anything else but was so fed up at this stage that she said she didn't want anything.
We asked for the bill a few minutes later and I assumed that they would have taken this course off the bill. They hadn't. I called the waitress over and asked why they had included that course on the menu. She didn't really say anything. I mentioned that not only had they served chicken rathern than prawn as they were asked but they had made it spicy and then taste horrible by adding lots of coconut cream. She said she asked my wife if she liked chicken and my wife had said yes at which point my wife said she was trying to be nice as the waitress had not apologised for the error nor offered to swap her main for the meal she had originally asked for.
The waitress was not going to change her mind and I said I was refusing to pay for that course. She went and spoke to the manager in another room and when our waitress returned said they would discount the green curry course by half price. As you would expect I said we would not be paying anything towards that green curry (only about £7 I think but it's the principle that counts and the fact they got it so wrong). I told them I was happy to call the police if they weren't going to remove that main from the bill and that I was more than happy to write about our experience on trip advisor. Only then did she agree to remove the main.
The food here is usually lovely but we won't be coming back which is a shame. This place deserves to do well however their attitude customers is poor to say the least. They got the order wrong, made it far too spicy when specifically asked not to and then ruined it further by adding what appeared to be a whole can of coconut milk. My wife only had one mouthful of this course but still they tried to charge us.
There are plenty of restaurants to choose from on this area so you would have thought they would have treated us a bit better than this.
I await there response to this post to see what poor excuses they are bound to give.