“Quality Indian” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
dover, nh
“Quality Indian”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

Very good food with delightfully complex flavours and efficient, pleasant service. The prices were about average for Indian restaurants in St. Albans, but the quality is above average. The restaurant was not crowded when I was there so I can't comment on what the service would be like if it was busy.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

St. Albans, United Kingdom
“It's very good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012 via mobile

All good , all the food is very very good. I like the service I think the guys are always pleasant . Love the lamb sag and the chicken madras, the place has been refurbed upstairs where the toilets are which was needed tbh. A reliable friendly place . Drinks all good with one very small gripe is that the house white wine is best described as evil! It's not a French restaurant and the wine list by the bottle is reasonable and extensive , however the house is nasty. That is a petty complaint in an otherwise fab Bangladeshy/Indian place. Beware the owners are twins ! I had long conversations with one not aware and the next time I thought I was speaking to him and it was the other . They are very nice guys. People on here who said about bad service have confused me as I have been 30 times plus and it's always reliable.

Best things : Food , Value , service

Gripes : could do with more chutneys with pappadoms, house wine is dodge, can get groups of twats

Like it a lot.

Gloucester, Massachusetts
“Excellent start to finish”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

Fantastic experience. Everything had great complexity of flavor. (And the restaurant used the coolest lemon squeezers.) I had a Bangladeshi lamb shank, incredibly tender & delicious, and cauli with onions; my husband had king prawns in some Bangladeshi preparation that he loved. The selection of toppings that came with the pappadum at the start included onion salad, lime pickle (with immature chickpeas in it, fascinating), and a cup of yogurt, mint, and mango that was heaven.

Visited March 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Our favourite for years...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

We have ordered a takeaway from this restaurant at least twice a month for years. The food is always hot, delivered quickly and delicious. We have tried other curry houses but always come back here because it is so yum. We have also visited - incredibly when we said our names they knew who we were straightaway - so I also feel the service is personal and they really do care.

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
London
“They get the order wrong, then blame the customer”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

I am afraid to say I will never be returning as a customer of the takeaway or the restaurant - out of principle. On a recent takeaway order, when I opened the takeaway bag I found that we were missing a main course that I'd ordered (i.e. one of us out of two of us didn't have a main meal!). It is an understatement to say that I wasn't overjoyed at this, but hey, mistakes happen and I wasn’t going to let it ruin my night so I called the restaurant immediately to get it rectified as soon as possible so I could get on with my nice meal and evening. I was not expecting the response that I got and was flabbergasted to be met with rude members of staff that accused me of not actually ordering the main course in the first place rather than admit they made a mistake! There was absolutely no apology, not even a hint of a near apology or any attempt to try and rectify the problem - it was all my fault according to the staff at this restaurant! Their justification was that it was my fault is because it wasn't written down on their order slip. I was basically being called a liar and was treated as though I was trying to pull a fast one! I’m not sure why on earth I'd order two starters and just one main course to go with the two portions of rice and 1 nan bread I ordered! The worst thing was that I'd written down my order and read it out word for word, and I was with my husband when I ordered who heard me order the dish that was missing! I was polite throughout the whole conversation but eventually, I had to demand for the dish to be sent out to me immediately as I didn’t have anything for dinner due to the mistake and they finally agreed to send me the meal that was missing. When the dish arrived (around 30+ minutes later) a member of staff stood at our front door offering no sign of an apology for the error – he just showed us the order slip to prove that they were not at fault as it wasn’t written down! He failed to even acknowledge that the reason the order wasn't on his bit of paper was due to him or his colleague messing up and not writing it down in the first place. When my husband asked him if he was calling us liars and saying we didn’t order the dish, he just smirked and demanded payment for the dish.

The food is really good, they clearly have a good chef (or chefs), there is a good menu choice and the food is well spiced and well cooked. The usual guy who delivers the takeaways is also usually really nice, but I am disgusted that we were treated so badly, particularly as we are regular customers who spend a lot of money at this establishment. I will now be finding a new Indian takeaway and restaurant to spend my hard earned cash at.

• Visited June 2012