“All good here.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in St. Albans
Macclesfield, United Kingdom
“All good here.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Stay here,,,it's a good hotel.
Does exactly what a premier inn should, and does it well.
Staff also very helpful the following day when I left my mobile in my room and only realised later tht morning.
Happy to stay again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Natalia P, Manager at Premier Inn St Albans / Bricket Wood, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Thank you for your kind words regarding your stay with us.

It is our main objective here at Premier Inn that all our guests leave happy after having a comfortable nights sleep. We are happy that we were able to help you with your mobile situation.

We hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Exeter, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

I stayed over to break a trip between the south west and Cambridgeshire. First time at a Premier Inn. Pleasant and helpful staff (particularly the restaurant and manager), comfortable bed and quiet room given that it's quite a busy area. Bathroom could do with a bit of updating, but still functioned perfectly well. Very good value for money as a B&B.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with premierinn.com

Many thanks for your review.

It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay, and for this reason your feedback is very much appreciated as we endeavour to improve our standards.
Your lovely feedback will be passed on to the restaurant manager and his team.

Thank you again and we hope you choose to stay with premier Inn again
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed here numerous times before but this is my first review of the hotel. The hotel is situated about 5 miles from St Albans city centre and traffic can be busy but nothing to bad. It's in a lovely setting and very quiet place to stay. The M25 is close by but I never heard any traffic noise, even late at night it was quiet. There is plenty of parking around the hotel and there are marked bays, but as they are marked out with concrete blocks sunk in the ground the bays are not very clear. Regardless, there is plenty of space and there are security cameras all over making it feel safe to leave your vehicle. Check in was really slow, as yet again PI think 1 person on reception at the peak check in times is acceptable. I nearly lost the will to live to be honest. Then when I do manage to check in, I couldn't understand what the woman was saying as she was foreign. If people can't speak our language properly, they have no right to work here. Take note PI, employ English speaking people! After the trauma of check in, and getting to my room things didn't really improve. The room was clean but it seems housekeeping can't quite do there job properly as there were hairs stuck to the side of the bath and as I have a shaved head I know they weren't my hairs. It's not difficult to clean something but if you work for PI, it clearly is. I didn't eat in the restaurant next door in the evenings as the food is always terrible. The breakfast staff were polite, probably the only redeeming feature in this hotel. The food is cooked to order and I have never seen any hot plates in this hotel, even so the food wasn't great. The eggs weren't cooked how I asked them and when they were they tasted awful as PI clearly refuse to look after their customer and buy decent food. I don't understand why PI neglect their customers so much. Hopefully when I return on my next visit PI would've managed to improve substantially in how they treat their customers and in how the hotel is run efficiently.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Belper
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at several Premier Inns before - this one is a bit different as its a pretty location with a Mill Pond and old building (well part of it is!). It was a lovely day when we were there so it was always going to look nice. Considering how close it is to the motorway the room was very quiet. Typical Premier Inn rooms. Breakfast in pub next door was lovely but not told where to go when checked in. Very good value for money.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel.

At Premier inn we strive to ensure all our guests have a comfortable stay with us.
Your feedback has been taken on board to ensure we are improving our standards within our hotel.

We hope you choose to stay with us again in the future
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

Lovely setting, the pond, the working water mill!! Sitting in the garden with the sun shining and a cold beer!!!, m25 completely ruins it with the traffic, it's not too loud but it's a reminder of where you really are when your in the beer garden and you look up and see the great big blue sign of m25, other than that you could be anywhere in the nice country side of the u.k.
Bar, the bar is a nightmare, it's tiny and only a couple of staff working the bar, I must have qued for at least 15 mins to get a drink, the 1st decent evening of the year, it must be worse during the summer, we were Queing in an orderly fashion, outside the door, everyone was complaining how small and narrow the bar is, and how slow the service is, at the end of the day all you want is a nice drink with friends in the sunshine, an not que in a dark narrow area,
Hotel, it's a premier inn, it does exactly what you want it for, clean, tidy, and warm can't fault that side,
Reception, ok, no problems checked in fast and easy,
Car park, gravel no bay markings and I had to park by the bridle way and the underpass as it was packed, I didn't feel it was safe there to be honest, as normal premier inns the parking in normally safe,
Dinner reception, I booked a table for 8 people 5 days Pryor, when we all got there to reception there was nothing written down in my name or anything, the manager kept saying you must party of mr bla bla, I was no I booked 5 days ago under my name, he kept saying no not here you haven't booked, I ended up showing him my phone of when I called direct to the restaurant, I explained who I spoke to, he said yes I know the one, this has happened before, to be fair to him he did sort us out a table, but wasn't in the restaurant, it was in the lobby waiting area, and we did ask for discount for the inconvenience but they weren't having any of it, and our friends said not to worry, and not to ruin the pleasant evening we had, and to be fair the food was lovely!,
Breakfast, one of the worst ones at premier inn I've ever had, and I had to pay the £8.25 each for the privalidge, it was self service (I've never had this before in a premier inn) everything was cold the beans, bacon, hash browns, sausages the lot, the only fresh item I had was fried egg, the 1st lot of eggs were burnt, so I had to wait longer, so breakfast was abit miss mash, and it was all dry and stodgy where it had been in the silver tray under that heat plate and just left to simmer and get worse, apart from that, there were no complaints,

All in all, it's not bad for 1 or 2 nights the setting is beautiful then you get realisation of where you are, but if your only passing, you can ignore all of this and try to have yourself a pleasant stay!!!!!!!, we did!

Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review.

At Premier Inn it remains our main objective to deliver a high level of service in all our establishments and we sincerely apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this.
Please be assured your comments have been noted and will be duly followed up by the Management team at the restaurant to continue to improve our standards

Thank you again for your review, we sincerely hope to welcome you back to Premier Inn in the future.
Rossendale, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

This was a very comfortable place to stay, very friendly staff, clean rooms, good food and beautiful surroundings outside. Great family place to stay !! We were visiting my partners family and it's the perfect location and value for money.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with premierinn.com

Many thanks for your review.
It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay, and on this occasion we are pleased we managed to fulfill this for you and your family.

We look forward to welcoming you again in the future
Doncaster, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

This was by far the best situated Inn that we have ever stayed in. By the Mill Pond in beautiful countryside. As always the rooms were very clean and well attended. We were a party of six people staying for 2 nights.
Only downside to a wonderful weekend was the reception staff. It took us 15 minutes to book in a party of 6 people as the receptionis couldn't comprehend that there were 3 different surnames in the party.
We asked her to book a taxi for 6 people for 7.30 pm on Saturday evening. The taxi arrived on time but was for four people only. We then had to wait a further15 minutes for another taxi to arrive to take the rest of us. We were late for our restaurant booking as a result. No word of apology from receptionist.
Saturday evening I booked breakfast for Sunday.. I was asked "what day is this for"....
The mind boggles. There are so many intelligent people out there looking for work. This does not do Premier Inns any favours at all.
Fortunately we have stayed at many other Inns and have never encountered this sort of dumb attitude before.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review.
At Premier Inn it remains our main objective to deliver a high level of service in all our establishments, and we do apologise that on this occasion we failed to do this 100%.

Please be assured that we take all feedback seriously and this will be used to enable us improve our standards to meet our customers needs.

Thank you again for your review, we do hope to welcome you back to Premier Inn in the future.

Been to Premier Inn St Albans / Bricket Wood? Share your experiences!