“Go Ballistic” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 6 Fun & Games in St. Albans
Stevenage, United Kingdom
“Go Ballistic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Had an amazing time for my Birthday, thanks Go Ballistic for sorting out the day, making sure everyone paid up and i didn't have to foot the bill. The people answering the phone are great, told me the best deal to get for my birthday and even gave me some free paintballs. I only have good things to say about them

Visited January 2013

London, United Kingdom
13 attraction reviews
“Not the best paintballing site but had a lot of fun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012 via mobile

I came to this site because I got a cheap groupon deal that I have seen several times (£12 for 10 people that includes equipment hire, 100 paintballs and a light lunch of hot dog and chips). They do have their own special deals on their website too. For us it worked out as for 10 people splitting the groupon voucher cost, £31.20 for equipment, 600 balls (including the 100 free ones) and lunch. That's cheaper than most places I saw when researching where to go.

The site is about 10 minutes walk from Bricket wood railway station and located just off a motorway so is easy enough to get to from London, a lot easier than other paintballing sites if you gave not got a car.

They have a few playing areas, mostly wooded areas, bar one that we were taken to last. They were quite small too but there seemed to be enough trees or stuff to hide behind. One area had tyres, another had wooden walls. The last area was the best with old vehicles, wooden huts and all sorts. If you have any leftover paintballs, they gave to be used up on the Target practice area, and are not allowed to be taken offsite.

The facilities on site are a bit run down and battered, a clean freaks nightmare, but were useable. The running of the day was a bit slow, the games started about 10am and the breaks between games were longer than other paintballing places, which frustrated some people there, who seemed to be paintball regulars.

However, all this was forgiven because of the friendly staff, the tasty chips at lunch, and the overall atmosphere of all the players engaging in banter with everyone there.

When there, at the place where lunch is served, you can buy alcoholic and non alcoholic drinks. There are crisps, chocolate bars and drinks available to buy in the main shop area and behind the outdoor area there is a place selling Bacon butties.

I advise you wear a beenie hat or something to cover your head as a few members of my group, including myself, were hit in the head and it burst all over our hair, and also hurt a lot more than anywhere else as it was not protected by anything. The goggles only protect your face area.

All of my group had a lot of fun so no complaints really. If you want the best playing areas with the best equipment then here isn't for you. But if you want the cheapest place with good fields with a few mates then its perfect :)