Stayed for one night.
The hotel is lovely and the food is good BUT there are room defects.
I was told I had a superior room, however the curtains let in loads of light at top as there is a gap between rail and curtains, so was woken at around 4.30am. This was not so bad as it took around 2 hours to fill the bath!!
Also the shower screen on the bath is ill fitting allowing water to gather onto bathroom floor.
Iron in the room was faulty but promptly replaced and the TV went wrong but again was promptly repaired, so service was good.
I actually think that when this room was modernised the standards were not adhered to and they should be - it seems as if its just shoddy workmanship. without the hotel putting it right.
If you are at the hotel and want to sleep well in the summer do not get this room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sopwell House in St Albans, Hertfordshire is an elegant Georgian country house hotel and retreat to call your very own. Celebrate special occasions, conduct business, be pampered in the Spa, work up a sweat in the gym and studio, or simply let time drift by in one of the bars or lounge. The 129 tastefully styled bedrooms, suites and mews apartments offer something for all tastes and budgets - rest and relaxation is assured. Many bedrooms feture stunning views over the picturesque garden and many suites have a living area. Selected mews apartments have a kitchenette and lounge area for that added independence. Choose from the fine-dining restaurant or enjoy the impromptu atmosphere of The Brasserie. The elegant ambience of the restaurant sets the mood for any occasion, whilst the less formal dining experience that is the Brasserie offers an excellent menu and a vibrant atmosphere. In the warmer months, enjoy dining al fresco on the terrace overlooking the 12 acres of tranquil gardens and grounds. The Country Club & Spa offers some of the best leisure facilities in the county including two gyms, state-of-the-art studio for classes such as Zumba and Spinning, and luxury changing rooms. The Japanese-inspired pool area includes a 14.5 metre swimming pool, children's pool, jacuzzi, starlit steam room, glass fronted sauna, curved mosaic-lined showers, and a luxurious heated mosaic seat on which you can dry off and relax. From intimate meetings or interviews, to large events such as product launches, the flexibility of our 19 conference, meeting and training rooms give you a solution for all of your business needs. Combined with a Business Centre, a dedicated Conference Host and a walled garden for team-building activities, you'll be spoilt for choice. Sopwell House is licensed to hold Civil Marriage ceremonies. Our stylish function rooms offer flexibility, our picturesque gardens provide the perfect backdrop, and our specialist staff provide personal attention to detail from beginning to end. The backdrop of the vibrant and historic Roman town centre of St Albans is just minutes away and provides much to see and do on the rare occasion that you may want to venture away from the seclusion and memorable setting of Sopwell House. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotel.de, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Sopwell House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sopwell House Country Club Hotel St. Albans
- Sopwell House Country Club And Spa
- Sopwell Hotel Country