“A********” 5 of 5 stars

Up to 10% OFF Room Rate
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in St. Albans
“A********”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

Me and my sister went on the 6/04/2013 the hotel was lovely and clean staff was very friendly. The room was very clean and homely. The swimming pool was very warm and clean. The breakfast was very very good. Its a buffet which has a range of food.... The overall stay was very very good and it was a lovely place to stay

• Stayed April 2013
Ed_Flanagan, General Manager at Quality Hotel St. Albans, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Many thanks for your recent stay at The Quality Hotel.

I was delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay and were able to enjoy our Leisure Club facilities.

Thank you for taking the time to highlight your satisfaction with breakfast, the cleanliness and also the team in general. I will certainly be sharing your feedback with all of the team members.

We do hope to welcome you back again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Hampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

from arrival until departure the staff were friendly and polite. Every little thing we asked for was soon arranged, ie; iron and board, extra pillows, and more biscuits for tea in the morning. I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel for short breaks.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Ed_Flanagan, General Manager at Quality Hotel St. Albans, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Many thanks for your recent stay with us and for taking the time to write a review.

I was delighted to read that the team were able to swiftly assist with your requests in a friendly and polite manner.

I do appreciate you recommending us for short breaks and sincerely hope to welcome you back again soon.
Wales
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

I have used this hotel because it is within walking distance of my head office when I have to visit.

It is within a 10min walk of train station or £5 in taxi.

Food is nice. Help yourself full cooked breakfast in the morning and some nice meals are available in the evening at reasonable prices.

Service behind the bar isn't the quickest.

Room is ok. But the bathroom in the last room I had was very small.

Overall it's ok for what I need.

• Stayed March 2013
Ed_Flanagan, General Manager at Quality Hotel St. Albans, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review the Quality Hotel following your recent booking(s) with us.

I am pleased to read that you enjoy our Restaurant offerings, both for breakfast and dinner. I will certainly share your comments with the Chef who will appreciate the recognition. I am sorry to read that you have found the bar service to be slow; I will discuss this with the Restaurant Manager and endeavour to ensure that this is improved going forward.

Some of the rooms in one part of the Hotel which did form part of a Victorian house prior to conversion to the present day Hotel do have different layouts to other rooms. Some of these do have smaller bathrooms, albeit all rooms are ensuite. Should you be returning for a visit again in the future, we would be happy to allocate a room in an alternative section of the Hotel if you request this at time of booking.

Many thanks for highlighting our convenient location near to the Station.

We do hope to welcome you back to the Hotel soon. Thank you for posting your review
Ulverston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I was due to stay at a B&B in St Albans but when I tried to check in I was told that my room had been flooded, a problem with the plumbing, and they had re-booked me into the Quality Hotel further along the road.
The Quality Hotel is in a pleasant building with good car parking. The reception staff were friendly and the check-in went smoothly. My room was clean and pleasant, overlooking the rear car-park. Unfortunately an earlier guest had ignored the clear notice about smoking and there was a smell of cigarettes in the room.
I was in St Albans to see family so only used my room to sleep and do a small amount of work on my laptop. I slept well, the bed was comfortable, the room was at a good temperature, just an annoying fan noise (electric) could be heard all night.
I did not use the pool, leisure facilities or restaurant.
I will certainly be staying there again when I visit family.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent (unplanned) stay at the Quality Hotel.

Please accept my apologies that a previous occupant had smoked in the room. We are a non-smoking premises and I can only apologise that a deep clean of the room had not fully refreshed the room allocated to you. I am also sorry that you report a noise from a fan. Our Maintenance Engineer has been tasked with looking into this matter.

However, I was delighted to read that you enjoyed the overall experience with us and had a comfortable night’s sleep. I will certainly share your positive comments about the Reception team with the team members on duty that day.

I do hope to welcome you back to the Quality Hotel again in the near future and hope that you will have the opportunity to make use of the Bar, Restaurant and Leisure Club. Thank you for your comments.
Madrid, Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

We just stayed there a week ago for 3 nights. Staff were helpful at all times, and i really mean so as with a 16 month old baby and a 3 year old girl we asked them for lots of things. We had two interconnected rooms, which were great. My husband and i slept in one and my daughters slept in the other, one of them in a cot and they still had some space to run around. The pool was a great extra, especially with such cold weather. At breakfast it was difficult to choose what to have as there were lots of choices, hot and cold. The only thing we missed was a small fridge, but as i mentioned above, staff were really helpful and they couldnt have done anymore to please us. We will definitely go back. It was the first time i travelled with my young girls and they made it worthwhile. THANKS.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Many thanks for your recent stay with us at The Quality Hotel and for taking the time to share your feedback.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we managed to offer comfortable surroundings for your first trip with your young family. I was pleased to read that the interconnecting rooms offered the space and comfort that you required.

Thank you for commenting that the staff were helpful – I will certainly share your comments with the team. I was also happy to read that you enjoyed the variety of options available for breakfast and were able to make use of the Leisure Club.

We appreciate the suggestion of a small fridge and will certainly look at the possibility of including these in our next refurbishment. In the interim, we are able to store items in one of our fridges in the staff areas.

Thank you for your comments. We do look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
oxford
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

I recently returned to this Hotel on Buisiness.
My previous visit two years ago .
I stay away often & was delighted to see familiar faces , not an experience I have found in other Hotels .
Room comfortable & clean .
Breakast First class
I did not eat in the resturant as my Company had pre booked a meal in town , but the menu looked varied & interesting .
Gym & Pool a bonus (if you have time to use them)
Staff friendly & Helpful .
Would not hesitate to book again .

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Ed_Flanagan, General Manager at Quality Hotel St. Albans, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Many thanks for your recent stay at the Quality Hotel.

It was pleasing to read that you have stayed before and remember some of our staff from your previous visit. I will certainly share your comments about the staff with the team who will appreciate the recognition.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed the Leisure Club and Breakfast. I hope that on your next visit you have the opportunity to dine with us in the evening also.

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay, we hope to welcome you again soon.
St. Albans, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

We had a family party at the Quality Hotel last year and had a brilliant time - Caryl's advice during the planning stage was spot on which helped to ensure the evening was a great success. The staff couldn't do enough for us on the night - they were friendly and attentive at all times and the buffet was delicious. We have been to a few other events at the hotel since, all of which have been great fun. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the Quality hotel and have booked it for our next family celebration in July.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Many thanks for taking the time to share your comments about your previous celebrations held at the Quality Hotel.

I am delighted to read that you have found the staff to be attentive as well as enjoying the buffets offered. I will certainly share your comments with the Chef, Restaurant team and of course Caryl.

We look forward to your next event with us in July and trust that this will be as memorable as your previous events with us.

Been to Quality Hotel St. Albans? Share your experiences!