“Lovely lunch in a beautiful place!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Stevenage, United Kingdom
“Lovely lunch in a beautiful place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

Came here for lunch with my partner a few weeks ago and we both loved it! Not only is the setting very beautifully decorated but the food we ordered was great! Very tasty and a good price. We also ordered a sauvignon blanc wine which was fabulous! - The waitress mentioned this was an extremely popular choice within the restaurant.

Service was very good but when we visited it wasn't very busy therefore attention was easily focused on us.

Id definitely come here again.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

St. Albans, United Kingdom
“Poor service and poor food.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014 via mobile

After hearing good things about cote I was immensely let down. Going there with 5 others for my birthday I was ready for a good night, first problem was that all the drinks didn't turn up having to grab someone's attention to get the others. My starter then came, prawns in a full tasteless 'tomato sauce', my boyfriend had over cooked almost burnt calamari. I often get muscles at a restaurant and have never been disappointed till now, they were so over cooked you couldn't even get them out of the shell. Being disappointed with all my food so far I didn't have high hopes for my pancake desert, my hopes were further shattered with what tastes like cardboard, so much so me and my step father (who eats anything!) had to send it back. They were not bothered by this at all and did not seen sorry. Overall it was poor food and extremely slow service, fortunately I picked some good wine.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Kings Langley, United Kingdom
“Great for lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014 via mobile

Great place to take customers for a relaxed meal. Good quality food. Very good friendly service. Have been here many times and am never disappointed

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Saint Albans, England, United Kingdom
“Lovely Sunday lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

Had a lovely lunch, with great service (very patient when we couldn't all decide what to eat)!
Only downside is that it was busy and there were a few very noisy young children, so would probably book a later lunch, or just dine in the evening in future, but would definitely return.

Visited February 2014
Uttoxeter, United Kingdom
“What a great find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

Stoping near St Albans, decided to stop by and have a look around as my last time here were about 16 years ago. What a surprise, the town is full with new shops and restaurants, including Jamie's Oliver Italian and Deli. Me and my partner decided to try our new find The Cote Brasserie, after getting in we were greeted by a member of the staff with a warm welcome and a big smile, that show us a nice table just by the the front window, show us the options of the menus and with no time got us some drinks and she was always smiling and very very friendly. The menu have excellent choices of starters and mains also puddings. Me and my partner had Calamari for starter and I have to say it was the best calamari I ever had, for mains I had the Belly Pork with caramelised apples and mash and the fillet steak all cooked to perfection, we had to try the puddings as a Sunday lunch treat, I had the chocolate fondant with ice cream and my partner had the Creme brûlée both to die for. All the staff always make you feel very comfortable and welcome and all have a big smile, very well done Nd keep up with the good job, doing just great and definitely coming back.

Visited February 2014