“Great food, good atmosphere” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #26 of 83 Restaurants in Hertford
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Papillon Woodhall Arms is a well established pub/restaurant with overnight accommodation.
London, United Kingdom
“Great food, good atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

Went here for lunch with a group of friends. Although it was very crowded, the service was very friendly and efficient.we chose from the 2 course menu and were all very pleased with our choices. Would not hesitate to return.

• Visited October 2013

bedfordshire
“Lovely food excellent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

We joined Jackie and Andy for their anniversary everything was great from start to finish and we will be taking them back next time thank you both for a lovely evening tipped off by a grat atmosphere and excellent Service

• Visited September 2013
Stevenage, England, United Kingdom
“Lovely, special evening”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

We went to Papillon for our anniversary with friends and had a lovely meal, I had the king prawns to start and they were super tasty, The fillet steak was my main course and it was to die for, I didn't leave a single bit, even managed a pudding (icecream) which was so tasty. All the people I dined with raved about their meals and we had a variety including sea bass, sirloin steak lamb, mushroom starters and sticky toffee pudding. Well worth a visit for a special occasion. Highly recommend

• Visited September 2013
Stevenage
“excellent quality - very tasty beautifully presented food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

My husband bought me here for my birthday. I had the best meal in a long long time. It is pricey, but for a special occasion it is lovely. Wide range of choice, staff are excellent. The main man has a wicked sense of humour. The bar area as you go in is a little dated and doesn't give off such a good impression, but dining area and conservatory make up for it. I will definitely be returning as I have for many years. I had crab mango and avocado stack, sirloin steak followed by pavlova, and my mouth is watering as I type this. 100 out of 100!

Visited August 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
“This has been my home for months and has felt like home.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

This place is a lovely unique pub within a lovely quiet town. I have been a regular here for 5 months and I must say I haven't complained once. The food is very good and is reasonably priced with a lovely choice of beers and ales on tap to keep you replenished this is the one place to try. Say hello to phil,Danielle,nan and Neil from me.

• Visited August 2013