“Such a waste of space” 1 of 5 stars
Review of The Royal Oak Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ledbury
The Royal Oak Hotel
You added The Royal Oak Hotel to your Saves list
The Southend, Ledbury HR8 2EY, England   |
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Ledbury
Leicester
“Such a waste of space”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2006

If you should ever visit the lovely town of Ledbury sure to stay well clear of booking a room at this hotel.

My husband and I were attending a friends wedding recently, so made a booking well in advance to stay closeby. I should of known from the moment I telephoned to try and make a reservation with them that they'd be problems. I called 3 times with a promise each time I'd get a call back, which never happened, thankfully the 4th time worked. When we arrived mid afternoon, the building was locked up, had to telephone them to let us in, nearly half an hour we were shown in. We were instantly hit with a strong smell of stale smoke. We got to our room and it was, well just awful. It was very dark, look like they'd been to a chariry shop to kit it out. The bedlinen was clean but well used, the bathroom, well the towels had seen better days, could of done with a boil wash and the bath was in need of a deep scrub and finally a nice little note on the bed saying ' this room does not come with breakfast' even though I'd already been told that it would when I'd made the reservation. We left our room to go and meet some friends at The Talbot ( a much nicer place and cheaper ) and tried one or two other hotels to see if we move with no joy so we put up with it for the night.

If we'd of had small children, there is no way on earth I would of stayed there at all.

Also, the female manager would do well by going on a training day on how to be polite and friendly and look like she enjoy's her job even if does'nt and have that service with a smile attitude.

A real waste of space for such a nice town.

• Liked — Leaving
  • Disliked — Seeing our room
  • Tips/Secrets — Stay at the Talbot around the corner.
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
London
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2006

I spent 2 nights at the Royal Oak hotel with my partner and our 4 month old baby girl from the 30th June to 2nd July 2006. The 1st room we were in had nice period features, but the furniture looked like it was out of a second hand shop, and the floor was the most uneven I have ever experienced in my life. Bearing in mind this hotel is above a pub, it might not be ideal for some. The 2nd room was the family room and was the best the hotel had to offer, but was still very basic. This being said, the beds were comfortable and the rooms were clean, if you disregard the odd cobweb here and there, and the area is very quiet. This hotel is not suitable for families with babies or small children, but would be ok for people looking to go sightseeing in the area, who only want somewhere to rest their head at night. The staff were very friendly and helpful, but I don't think this would be enough to bring me back.

• Stayed July 2006
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2006

This has to be the worst hotel i have ever stayed at. The breakfast was diabolical. The tarrif increased overnight, beware.

• Stayed March 2006, traveled on business

Been to The Royal Oak Hotel? Share your experiences!