“Nice Treat” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Cinderford
“Nice Treat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

Busy place pre-Christmas, but we were fitted in, we hadn't booked. The french onion soup should not be missed, it was wonderful. We finished off a light late lunch with a raspberry tarte ( pour moi!) with my friend succumbing to a freshly baked ginger and lemon torte - rich and dark and suitably wicked. Very good coffee though a bit slow in arriving The owner charmed by shaking hands - a little charm goes a long way! Nice room upstairs. Return soon for another treat?

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Ledbury, United Kingdom
“Easily the best place for lunch in Ledbury - fabulous food, wonderful welcoming atmosphere and not expensive either.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

I love living in Ledbury - it's such a civilised place with lots of individual shops. Since Pascal moved from Cafe Sez and opened his own super restaurant the experience is even better. I've eaten at Chez Pascal many times with my partner and with various women friends too and I can honestly say that none of us has ever had a bad meal. I particularly enjoy the savoury crepes (I've tried them all - more than once) and the seafood gratin is simply yummy and STUFFED FULL of fish and prawns. Pascal and his wife are great hosts and the waiting staff are just perfect - I love the buzzy atmosphere and the fact that they stay open all afternoon as I often prefer to eat my lunch at mid afternoon time. TIP - because Chez Pascal is so good it is usually full (including outside when the weather permits) so it is best to book - you won't be disappointed.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
England.
“cosy!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

We called into this cafe on a cold wet day and were warmly greeted by the french owner. We had coffee and some delicious homemade french pastries. The atmosphere was friendly and relaxed and this was a real find, just a shame the weather wasn't nicer, or we would have enjoyed sitting in the pretty courtyard garden. A lovely quaint cafe.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Shame”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

If I was rating pastries, cakes and tarts only Chez Pascal truly deserves 5 stars and the premise is very pleasant and worthy of 4 stars.

So why the 1 star. While my wife and other diners loved the pastries, cakes and tarts my son and I choose bad and ordered the croque monsieur [£7.75]. These were absolutely disgusting - so was the coffee. We also had one wrong order though I suspect it was not the fault of our waitress who was charming and confident.

Come on Pascal Clarenne [Patissier]. Quality control please. Really, you should be getting 5 stars.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic food ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Stopped for a cup of tea, but couldn't resist the yummy food being served around me! Would recommend the eggs florentine. Huge portion of yummy poaches eggs, muffins, spinach and lovely hollandaise sauce!
Would definitively come back. ;)