“Went twice in one weekend, it was that good!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: English
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Chester, United Kingdom
“Went twice in one weekend, it was that good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Lovely décor, friendly staff, great food and the GL cider is delicious! Prawn sandwiches on brown bagette were scrumptious!

• 5 of 5 stars Food

Malvern, England, United Kingdom
“Function with friends”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

We went to the Bunch of Carrots (2 Adults and 2 Children) for a function as guests of a friend. The buffet food was great and service good. We had a drink in the bar first and it was a truly beautiful old pub. Nice pint, fire and the carvery looked fantastic. It was very busy and we are keen to come back soon. Thanks

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Hereford
“Lovely atmosphere, excellent service, beware the vegetables!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

We were two for lunch on spec. There was a nice atmosphere on a dull rainy day and we had a lovely welcome. We were invited to choose a table, drinks came quickly and there was a varied , interesting menu, considering this is a pub. Both of us chose a main course which came promptly. My friend's plaice was fine but my steak pie meal was let down by the dull vegetables which I was told came from their carvery. The price was reasonable. A good choice but my advice is to beware the vegs and choose salad instead. Recommended.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Great Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

After my Sat Nav appeared to have gotten us lost and taken us the B-roads between Gloucester and Hereford, we stopped off for a quick pit stop.

Didn't have food (I rarely do eat out) but the atmosphere and bar staff were outstanding and as for the Butty Bach ale. Top top stuff.

I dont come to this neck of the woods too often, but will definitely make my way here if I do.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
england
“OVER PRICED ”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Had a meal here with friends after nice walk....I had the burger what a let down it was so over powered by the herb thyme you couldn't taste the meat... had bog standard frozen chips that you would buy from super market...salad was very little and slimey...no onion rings very poor value for £10.95 the dearest burger for least on my plate I.v ever had will not be returning...oh and the chips if you wanted extra £2.95 for bog standard chips your having a laugh ..