Unfortunately, for such an idyllic location there were many faults to the so called "hotel". These are listed below:
- Door bell at reception instead of a personal greeting
- Lawn littered with empty beer cans and used baby wipes
- Broken glass found outside the Honeymoon suite
- Ice machine broken (no sign to say ice machine out of order or how to obtain anymore)!
- No evening bar available
- No evening meals available
- No wi-fi available in the rooms (apparently corridor only)
- Asking the Bride-to-Be to stop getting ready for her big day and to go and dismantle the wedding cake due to 2 floor boards being loose and the hotel not being covered by insurance
- Had to request clean towels for following morning (bearing in mind we had a jacuzzi in our room)
- Towels sizes were only small
- No chamber maid had been in the following day to make bed or have general tidy up (this also included the Bridal Suite)
- No phone in the room (so contact reception)!
- The 2 members of staff were very professionally presented and friendly, however the owner was not dressed suitably for somebody who is representing their so called high end hotel and obviously being seen by the wedding party ( if not dressed appropriately then staying back of house would be advised)
- Owners failed to move their cars from side entrance which caused an eye sore for the wedding photos
- Bumped into another bride on leaving reception (Bridal Suite had been double booked)!
- Requested Champagne breakfast which never arrived
- Check in is 4 pm and check out is 10 am (too early for a Bride and Groom)!!!
- Breakfast 8 am - 9 pm served too early and not long enough
When paying £120 per night, per room, you expect a high standard of which was not met at all on our stay at Munstone House. This establishment is not a hotel, it is a very poorly run B&B. No personal touch or a welcoming smile, understaffed and run on a shoe string budget. Extremely sad to see when you know it could be such a wonderful place if the right people were to be in charge.
The Hotel Inspector needed - contact Channel 4!!!!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Munstone House Country Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Munstone Hotel Country