“Excellent!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Bromyard, United Kingdom
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

I have visited the Crown and Anchor on several occasions and have always found the staff friendly and efficient. The food always excellent. The Hog Roast on Easter Monday was especially good. I look forward to hearing news of the next one.

Hereford, United Kingdom
“Superb little pub in the heart of Herefordshire!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

Absolutely loved this pub! Our table of about 8 had no complaints about the food or service. The chef came out to see us too which made the meal even more excellent! Staff all friendly and the place is done out very nice. Beautiful garden but unfortunately wasn't too nice to sit in it!
I've recommended this pub to everyone I know in and around Hereford.

• Visited March 2014
martin c, Owner at Crown and anchor, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Thank you for writing this report its so nice to have someone take the time to leave positive feedback it puts a smile on everyones face I look forward to welcoming you back again and please let me know when your in next.
Martin (chef)
Worcester, United Kingdom
“Awful”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

Visited the Crown & Anchor recently as had heard good things about it. Our visit was a disaster from satart to finish. Let's start with the tall blonde lady behind the bar ( I think this is the landlady) well a long stint in charm school wouldn't harm her, she is very unwelcoming and everything seemed too much for her. We was going to walk out at this point, but we really wanted to try the food. We ordered our food, which took a long time to come and when asking the rather rude lady behind the bar how long our food would be, she grunted and replied " can't you see we are busy" our food eventually turned up and it was lovely but possibly not worth the very long wait we endured. We didn't bother ordering pudding as we had been totally put off by now. Overall if you can turn a blind eye to the brass tat that over powers the place and the very rude and unpleasant landlady then it's not too bad. However would definitely not re-visit. I've read the reviews on here, and for the minority that got a warm welcome, I can only assume it was a day that this establishment was quiet and Mrs charm school wasn't too stressed out.

• Visited March 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
martin c, Owner at Crown and anchor, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Im very sorry to hear that you did not like your experience at the Crown and anchor, Im also suprised at your comment on the delay in service as I was in charge of the kitchen and I am not aware of any delay in service. Please feel free to call me on 01432850630 to discuss your visit and if I can resolve any issues I will and is you would like to re visit us i will personally make sure your visit is more to your satisfaction
Dorking, United Kingdom
“Superb!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

Having stayed at a local bed and breakfast (www.thesteppeshereford.co.uk, please see my review...it was absolutely delightful!) we ventured to the Crown and Anchor on the advice of our hosts who highly recommended it.

We both work in hospitality and have done so for more years than we care to mention, we are also used to exceptional levels of customer service, quality hotels and establishments as paying customers ourselves. We have to commend both Martin and Izzie, who are the owners of the C&A who clearly run a tight ship yet in a relaxed and informal manner. Nothing is overlooked and they pride themselves on everything they do. The food is excellent, be warned though; go with an empty stomach....you'll need the space in there!!

The haddock and chips should have had the title of 'Moby Dick and chips' and the rump steak with Stilton sauce rivalled any steak that I have been served in South Africa.... that's a very tough act to follow! The service was cheerful and thoughtful without being overkill.

The ambience is also very friendly and cordial and the regulars seem keen to see a new face and pass banter.

Both my partner and I can highly recommend this establishment, you won't be disappointed and like us no doubt you'll be wanting to go back for more.

martin c, Owner at Crown and anchor, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Many thanks for taking the time to write a review on our pub we fully appreciate the feedback you have left its so nice when proffesional people that have experienced high level of service can compare us on these levels.
I look forward to welcoming you back to the Crown and anchor
Coppet, Switzerland
“great pub food with personal service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

The Crown and Anchor serves food all day on Sundays, but the kitchen closes at 7.30pm. However when I arrived an hour later, hungry after a long trip, the owners prepared me excellent filets mignons, and the staff were as friendly and welcoming as one would wish. A good pub location just a few minutes away from the city of Hereford.

martin c, Owner at Crown and anchor, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review its nice to recieve positive feedback I have let all the team know there hard work is appreciated