“Poor value for money” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Hereford, United Kingdom
“Poor value for money”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

Having just been for a Xmas dinner with friends I will certainly not rush 2 return. It is very overpriced for what u actually receive, 2 courses for basically £25 which are neither generous or very good. We had pre-ordered but did not receive the correct meals and when we did eat, the food was only luke warm. I didn't make a complaint at the time due 2 it being a group and presumed everyone else was happy but later it became apparent I was not the only person dissatisfied

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
GiGi G, Manager at Gigi Bar & Grill, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review gigi. I am deeply concerened you did not enjoy your time at gigi, had I have been made aware of these issues at the time I would've done everything in my power to ensure you left the restaurant happy. Customer satisfaction is top of my list of priorities and I am sorry I failed you this time. While we are always a busy restaurant the number of covers that we have served so far this month has meant that we have struggled to deliver the same standards of service we would like. I do hope you return to gigi as everybody deserves a second chance.

Reading, England
“Sea Bass and brussel sprouts ?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Went for a 50th birthday party as part of a group of 22 in December, (lived in Hereford for 12 years and didn't even know the building existed). First impressions were very good, private dining room, helpful staff and a reasonable wine list. As it was a birthday party, not a Xmas party, we avoided the usual turkey and beef options and chose from the group menu, again, reasonable options, but something for everyone, starter arrived - average curried parsnip soup, my wife had the garlic mushrooms, not setting the world on fire, but OK. Mains were served, steaks looked good for those who had them, and the curry certainly filled the plate, so hopes were high for my catch of the day - introduced as sea bass, I was hopeful......... The fish was well cooked, on a bed of crushed new potatoes - but, and here comes a first for me - served with brussel sprouts!!!!!!! My wife had ordered Moroccan lamb on couscous, but had a lamb steak on the same bed of new spuds, with no other vegetables on the plate. The dessert of chocolate brownie went some way, and probably saved them from a 2 star rating. It felt as though the chef thought the plate looked a little empty and had some spare veg from a Xmas menu.

I will put this down to a fully loaded restaurant during December, and I would like to go back when it's quieter and choose from an a la carte menu as a real test, in a smaller group.

PS, if you want a cocktail, take a magnifying glass and torch to read the bottle with the menu on, I have 20/20 vision and have always eaten my carrots, and could hardly read a word!

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for taking the time to review gigi.... I'm glad on the whole you enjoyed your experience. I'll start with the sprouts. We like to serve seasonal vegetables with our dishes, sprouts fall in to this bracket but I now realise they might not be the ideal choice with our catch of the day so we have reverted back to our normal veg choice. The Lamb dish has no mention that it is served with couscous so I am not sure where this has come from. We have been busy this month so I hope that you do visit again in the future as I know we are much better than the three star rating awarded.
Hereford
“Been a few times”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

Been to GiGi's for a xmas meal, anniversary meal, a couple of lunches and my 30th birthday meal. Always had a fab experience, great staff and great food.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hi, Thank you for taking the time to review us. Im so glad you enjoyed your visit to gigi. We work had as a restaurant to ensure all our tables have an enjoyable time no matter what the occasion.
Hereford, England, United Kingdom
“DAUGHTERS 30TH BIRTHDAY MEAL”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

12 of us went to gigis on friday october 26th for my daughters birthday they were brilliant from the booking the ambience, service and food excellent .They also made me a birthday cake i ordered which was beautiful,thankyou to all the staff who made our evening a pleasure.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
GiGi G, Manager at Gigi Bar & Grill, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Thank you for your review of gigi Bar & Grill. I am very pleased you had such an enjoyable evening with us and we look forward to seeing you again very soon
Dublin
“£12 lunch deal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

We obtained of the £12 lunch deal for 2. He had the steak sandwich which was YUM and I had the ploughman's. I was thrilled to get as much cheese as I did as in my experience you normally get the bare minimum. The chutney with it was amazing and the fresh from the oven sour dough bread was to die for!! However, I didn't have half enough bread for the cheese - asked for more but they only gave me a little bit, so couldn't finish the cheese :( He also had the cheesecake - ugh!!! The white chocolate used was obviously the cheapest available - tasted like artificial sweet plastic. However the cake to biscuit ratio was perfect!! Well worth a trip but avoid the cheesecake!

Visited October 2012
GiGi G, Manager at Gigi Bar & Grill, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I have passed your comments on with regards to the bread to cheese ratio, this is difficult to manage as some folks like a lot of cheese with their bread and some like a lot of bread with their cheese, we can always get you more if you require though. As for the cheesecake it is hard for us to get the consistancy you would get if it were brought in. All of our desserts are home-made and we change our cheesecake flavour every month so that our dessert menu stays fresh, I will again pass on these comments to our Chef and he will review how it is made. I am really pleased you enjoyed the rest of your meal. Thank you again for the review and we look forward to seeing you soon.