“As usual, friendly staff, good value and good food” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #64 of 147 Restaurants in Winchester
Cuisines: British, English
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: No.5 Bridge Street is a pub/bar & restaurant with rooms in Winchester City Centre. Open 7 days a week for breakfast, lunch & dinner. The restaurant's menu is seasonal & dishes are freshly prepared. The menu is of British influence, based around local, seasonal ingredients, with a superb selection of grazing sharing plates. The bar offers a substantial wine list, traditional cocktail menu, well-kept locally sourced beers & premium lagers.The British tapas 'grazing' items on the bar & restaurant menu are great to share amongst friends with a bottle of wine.No.5's beautiful stable offers private dining & meeting facilities for 16 people.
London, United Kingdom
“As usual, friendly staff, good value and good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

I like this place. Well decked out, good wine list and value , interesting food. The staff are always friendly. Good place for lunch.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

winchester
“Sucky surly and second rate”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Decor leads you to believe it'll be ok but it's not, not really. Been here a couple of times and both times a bit grim.
Waited ages for food. Only half the order came. Much of what did arrive was just mean - you could see the accountant's sums on the plate. In fairness the pork and chorizo burger was ok. Avoid anything fish.
Worst bit was the service which was slow and surly and a bit up itself which is not what you expect from a pub grub sort of place. It's just a bit crap with a trendy wrap really.
Much better places within a few yards.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Winchester, United Kingdom
“Poor”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Poor service poor food poor choice on our part having been disappointed by previous restaurants owned by same group. Nothing new here.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Westbury, United Kingdom
“Terrible service, poor food and high prices”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

Five of us stopped here for lunch recently. Something we were soon to regret.

On arrival we ushered to the restaurant area at the back of the building with a view of the kitchen. So far, so good. The decor is pleasant, clean and modern and the ambiance very welcoming. Unfortunately, the moment our waitress came to take our orders, the problems started.

We placed four orders for sandwiches with fries, and one for a main meal of steak and chips. Our waitress took the orders and went on her way. Unfortunately, she neglected to offer us a choice of bread options, and we had to call her back to clarify what we would be getting. The wait for the food was brief, but what arrived left a lot to be desired. I can only speak in detail of what I ordered, but the general consensus from the group was not positive.

I ordered a steak sandwich and fries. According to the menu, the steak would come rare. This suited me fine as it is exactly how I like it. Unfortunately, what I was given was a well done steak that even my knife couldn’t cope with. To make matters worse, the bread was dry and stale too. However, the fries, to be fair, were tasty.

As I was hungry, I hate fries and some of the bread and left the steak. This was picked up on by a second waitress who asked me if everything was okay. I advised her that steak was well done when the menu promised it would be rare and overall, particularly considering my sandwich and fries cost £9.00, I was very disappointed. So what was the response to this raised concern? Nothing. No apology. No offer to rectify the situation. Nothing. So not only did pay a lot of money for substandard cooking, I had to endure some of the worst service I can remember.

If you have money to burn, you have no interest in good food and rejoice in terrible service, please revise the star rating to 5 stars. Otherwise, please give this terrible restaurant a wide birth, for all of our sakes.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Warm ambience, great decor, good service, 7/10 for food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

Went for a spur of the moment mid week supper. Place was probably a third full. Staff were friendly and efficient. Comprehensive menu with some great sounding dishes, though they didn't quite live up to expectation - salad a bit bland, vegetables a tad overcooked. That said, I'd go back to this place as I really liked the decor and ambience and the food was definitely passable.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere