My wife booked this hotel for a Saturday night stay in Winchester. It is ideal if you have a budget of around £130. There is parking onsite for £9 per night.
You are right in the centre of Winchester and lots of rooms, along with the bar and restaurant overlook the Cathedral. The staff are extremely pleasant and helpful, the rooms are fine - clean and comfortable.
The buffet and/or continental breakfast is superb - loads of options, all fresh or perfectly cooked and hot. Really sets you up nicely for the day.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Wessex Winchester Hotel Winchester
- Mercure Wessex Winchester Hotel
- Accor Wessex Winchester
- Mercure Winchester
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 4 star hotel with 94 en suite rooms, many with views of the Cathedral. Ideal for visiting Winchester Cathedral, the steam railway and zoological park. Easily accessible via the M3, 15 miles (24 km) from Southampton Airport, 1 mile from Winchester railway station and a 1 minute walk from the coach station. Features five airconditioned conference rooms for up to 100 delegates, Walkers At The Wessex restaurant, Kings Lounge, 24 hour room service, pay parking as well as use of the nearby leisure centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Tingo, ACCOR, TripOnline SA, Otel and Venere so you can book your Mercure Winchester Wessex Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.