While the property itself is probably not one of Prince Charles' favourite examples of good English architecture, the location can't be beat, bordering on the Cathedral Close and in easy walking distance of Winchester's many attractions. Road access is also straight-forward. Rooms were fine and clean, most with a lovely view of the Cathedral itself. Staff could not have been nicer, or more helpful.
One small caveat. Phone calls from the room phones are expensive. Use your mobile.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Wessex Winchester Hotel Winchester
- Mercure Wessex Winchester Hotel
- Accor Wessex Winchester
- Mercure Winchester
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 4 star hotel with 94 en suite rooms, many with views of the Cathedral. Ideal for visiting Winchester Cathedral, the steam railway and zoological park. Easily accessible via the M3, 15 miles (24 km) from Southampton Airport, 1 mile from Winchester railway station and a 1 minute walk from the coach station. Features five airconditioned conference rooms for up to 100 delegates, Walkers At The Wessex restaurant, Kings Lounge, 24 hour room service, pay parking as well as use of the nearby leisure centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, Orbitz, ACCOR, TripOnline SA, Otel and Venere so you can book your Mercure Winchester Wessex Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.