“Modern and Bright” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Winchester

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Winchester to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Winchester
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Telegraph Way | Morn Hill, Winchester SO21 1HZ, England   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #3 of 12 hotels in Winchester
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Derry, United Kingdom
“Modern and Bright”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Lovely, very spacious hotel a few minutes drive from Winchester. Seems a little out but bus from hotel gates regular enough. Very clean and modern with lovely rooms. Staff very helpful. Only blip, no staff on bar to be found on the Saturday night of our stay, when we would have liked a drink, this being only 11.30pm. Pity, nice bar too.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
siobhanthomasson009, General Manager at Holiday Inn Winchester, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Thank you so much Linda D for your lovely review.

I have spoken to the bar team who send their apologises. As a resident you can always get a drink. Our night are available throughout the night and can serve drinks.

Thanks again

543 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

Stayed here this week for 4 nights for work reasons. A very nice hotel. It was clean,modern and the room was nice. What stood out for me were the staff they were superb. I ate in the restaurant twice try the barnsley chop very nice and tender but just a little bland for me. The staff in there were great and very attentive. I loved the fact reception asked if I wanted help with my bags a first. I travel alot with work and often struggle with my bags.

Just one housekeeping point but I didn't want take to mark down as it is minor limescale round the sink plug and taps not attractive.

I would definitely use this hotel again good job Holiday Inn!

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
What a lovely review CillaA_12, thank you.

I am so pleased you were consistently impressed over your four day stay with us. As a team we always try so hard to make all our guests stay welcoming, comfortable and enjoyable.

I have spoken with the housekeeping team and they are paying particular attention to taps this week, so thank you for that.

We look forward to welcoming back in the future if you are in the area again for work or pleasure.

new romney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

I would just like to say a big THANK YOU to all the staff at this inn for making my stay so very
welcome. I stayed at this inn last night as a half way inn on my way home and a special thanks to TESA and her team for looking after me in the bar and restaurant and at breakfast this morning

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
WOW! Thank you mandod321 for a fantastic review!

We are very lucky to such a fantastic team, including Tesa, it makes my job a lot easier! I have passed on your very kind comments to all the team.

Thanks again

Gainesville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

We belong to a group which had a meeting at this hotel. Somewhat on the edge of town it is easily accessible from downtown Winchester by taxi or public bus. We were surprised to find almost Danish modern furniture and décor. The restaurant was excellent for breakfast, for the one meal we purchased off the menu and for the food provided to our group as part of the meeting.

In particular the desk staff were incredibly helpful -- meeting our requests, offering advice on how to use the bus system including being certain we had correct change.

The only negative -- and this is a small one -- was that it would have been nice to have an alarm clock.

If we came back to the area we would likely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
What a lovely review Dale S

Thank you so much! I am delighted that you and you group enjoyed your stay with us so much!

I have noted your comments on alarm clocks and although not brand standard, as we have wake up calls via the phone, tv or reception desk I have purchased one which is now available to any guest.

Hope you had a safe journey home

Winchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

A group of us attended the fab 'evening with Adele' last Friday and all of us had a wonderful time, nice welcome, good food served hot (never easy for a large group) and the amazing Amy Baker entertaining us. The room was clean, comfortable and breakfast the next morning just what you would want, again a group of us proved no problem and were accommodated together.
All the staff we meet were polite, smiling and able to answer any questions. Looking forward to the next time!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
siobhanthomasson009, General Manager at Holiday Inn Winchester, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Thank you so much Janet K!

We have had some great feeedback from our Adele tribute night! I was thrilled to read you also stayed over in your group and enjoyed the rest of the hotel!

I hope to see you at some more of our events.

sandhurst, berkshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

We booked a table for Sunday lunch with my in laws, husband and two children (8&6). The food was so tasty, I had the roast beef, but also had some of my husbands pork belly. Best food I have tasted for sometime. We also had desserts all at a cost of £9.99 for two courses and £14.99 for three. Service was also brilliant, very attentive staff and also very helpful. We will definitely be going back for food.

• Stayed September 2013
Wow! Thank you so much SuzannaP for a great review!

I do think we offer great value for money with Sunday lunch and so pleased you enjoyed it!

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Booked to stay at the Holiday Inn near Winchester with slight trepidation having heard some not such great things - we were very mistaken!

Welcomed by a very friendly receptionist who answered our various questions with ease about location of the wedding we were attending locally.

Comfortable room, very clean, perfect for what we needed (a place to crash after a family wedding!).

An okay breakfast the next morning - staff quite rushed, and standard buffet options. Would have been nice to have bread rolls/slightly nicer bread for toasting.

For the price we paid, we thought it was excellent!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Vv83,

I was concerned to see your comments, regarding your trepidation about joining us, however delighted to see how much you enjoyed your stay!

Many Thanks

Siobhan Thomasson

Been to Holiday Inn Winchester? Share your experiences!