“Great food, great staff, great atmosphere” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #47 of 154 Restaurants in Winchester
Cuisines: Coffee Shop
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
“Great food, great staff, great atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

Ginger Two serves a great selection of food, from light bites to lunches and their delicious cakes. Their menu caters for all tastes, with dishes such as their twist on the traditional ploughmans, Greek mezzes and 'door wedge' sandwiches. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful and provided excellent service. I was also pleased that they accepted payment for transactions over £5 by card, as I very rarely carry cash on me nowadays!

One of my favourite things about Ginger Two has to be the atmosphere and decor though. Very tastefully decorated and furnished, the layout means that even on a busy lunchtime it didn't feel overcrowded or too noisey. You can also buy the artwork that's on display. If you're looking for somewhere a bit different to your normal chains of coffee shops in Winchester, I can't recommend Ginger Two enough.

Winchester, United Kingdom
“Good cafe to eat in!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

My friend and I went into Ginger Two since we chose it as our Business for the Coursework we have in school.
It was very busy when we went in which made us hopeful and the decor was amazing; we were really impressed. The waitresses were polite, very friendly and chatty which we found quite pleasant. The service was very fast which added to our pleasant experience.
We went in and ordered a Tuna Baguette, a Ham and Emmental Panini and two Iced Mint Sodas. The lunch was great with really nice salad sides and delicious tortilla crisps, however the mint sodas were very disappointing as they tasted like liquid toothpaste.

Overall it was an enjoyable experience and thoroughly enjoyed the interior decor and we recommend people to this cafe!! (However don't try a mint soda!)

Co Down
“Pleasant but very busy”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

Had lunch here and very pleasant. Staff very mixed, girl who took order was a little sour but others brought our food and were friendly. Good selection for lunch and better than other cafes nearby. Very busy and appears popular with local office workers.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Winchester
“"Great tea - but that's about it."”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

I stumbled upon Ginger Two by accident and was instantly taken in by the beautiful decor, the cleanliness of the place and how cute and cosy it was. However, this is pretty much where it ended. I ordered and paid for my tea, wasn't told that it would be brought out to me and eventually after working out that I had to stay seated, I had to sit for 15-20 waiting for it. The girls behind the counter were tripping over each other to get to things and seemed that no deployment method was in place. The tea was gorgeous but disappointingly, it all seemed incredibly unorganised and the girls behind the counter were more interested in chatting than ensuring trays were being done. It wasn't particularly busy, either - I dread to think what it's like on a weekend.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Exeter, United Kingdom
“Great place for afternoon tea!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

This place is really nice, excellent local teas and superb cakes. Its just off the main shopping area and well worth a visit. The service was prompt and polite. Great choice of lunch foods, although sadly we had already eaten lunch elsewhere, so we had tea and afternoon cake which we managed to pick from a wide and tempting selection. Beautifully presented. Visited Saturday 1st June 2013.