“OK experience on a wet & windy Sunday evening” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Leverkusen, Germany
“OK experience on a wet & windy Sunday evening”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

We found the TGI Fridays purely by chance as we drove along the rain sodden roads of Southampton looking for that elusive commodity - a restaurant open on a Sunday evening in January.
The welcome was genuine, we got seated immediately (the place was by no way near full) and service pretty good up until the moment when we wanted to pay the bill. Our party of four enjoyed the food - I had the standard baby back ribs which were well cooked and still succulent. Our waitress was attentive and ensured that my soda (I was driving that night) was topped up free of charge.
Just before coming to pay the bill a large party of youngsters arrived who couldn't make up their minds what to order thus occupying our waitress who seemed totally engrossed by the new party. Fortunately one of her colleagues finally took our money and we left, realising that we are probably the wrong generation for this type of establishment nowadays.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“bar with no English beer or apple cider, but poor service standards by the bucket load”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

The diner is situated on a retail park in Southampton and close to west quay, town quay and docks.
Decided to go in on a Saturday early evening after movies, diner was busy and we were asked to go to the bar and wait with an electronic tag and would be called to our table. "get yourself a drink and we'll call you when we're ready to sit you" Got to the bar and asked what English beers they had?
The response was smug......"None this is an American diner" from the bar staff
I wonder why then you serve a Belgium and a German lager on tap in an American diner in England?
Second choice, "any bottles of English beer?"
"No"
"Any cider"
"Only Berry and Pear."
It may be a 'fashionable' diner, but I chose not to spend the £85 that another restaurant ended up with and got a friendly un-smug level of service I just think anyone should be offered and expect, in any restaurant, pub or American diner in England.
Oh and that was a fashionable Chinese restaurant who served English beer on draught that we went to, Strange that isn't it......in England.....
I guess my experience was also similar to the others on this website for TGI Fridays in Southampton. It's not about the beer choice in the end, it was the way I was handled by an untrained service deliverer behind the bar........American diner standards? after extensive travel to the US couldn't be further from the truth........

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
herts
“Very Poor”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

Overpriced poor service and food was not that good, should have gone to a pub as food and service would have been better, never again.

Visited January 2014
Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
“slow, overpriced but ok choice”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

went here as was staying in nearby hotel and was heavy rain so was convenient , but dissapointed and wouldn't use again . for the price it was no better than a pub burger and chips so not value for money , service was average (having to double check what we had ordered and very slow) drinks choices was about the best thing about the place and at pub prices which is good for a restaurant like this

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Bath, United Kingdom
“On a retail park but still gets very busy,Pricey though!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

I visited the TGI Fridays in Southampton on a Wednesday night just before Christmas.Getting there about 6.30 I couldn't believe just how busy it was. (maybe due to xmas drinks/parties) but it was quite full.I wasn't eating so sat at a table near the bar.I cant comment on the food but it certainly smelt pretty good! The place did seem alittle smokey though from the cooking!? I purchased 3 drinks and was a bit taken back by the price.I did expect to pay more than a usual pub but this was pricey to say the very least! Its about a 5-10 minute walk from the centre and about 5 minutes from the back of the railway station.Staff were very friendly and on the ball with service.

Visited December 2013