“Good food, a nice surprise after previous visits” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Delivery, Late Night
UK
“Good food, a nice surprise after previous visits”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Its been a long time since Ive been to Sara's Thai. Last trip was before the smoking ban. Then it was cramped with far too many tables in there with a loud man (one of the owners I was told) drinking with his buddies in the corner and smoking a grotty cigar. I hadnt been back since. A recent failure to reserve situation put us back there. So so much better. Food was very nice in balance, perhaps a little limited on the menu front. A little pricey for that it was but in general it was fun, clean and enjoyable. A good meal and we will be back. "Very good" 4* is perhaps a little generous but "Average 3*" is massively unfair so 4* it is!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

82% Recommend
“Beautiful food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

We live just down the road and across the bridge from here and have tried the other restaurants near, like Cenos, Trago etc.. and this is without a doubt the best food in this area. Don't be fooled by its exterior; the decoration is simple and plain but that all falls away once you try the food. My Partner and I haven't tried much Thai food so thought we would have a few starters and share a main. Best idea and would probably just have starter! Would 100% recommend this place, and definitely book a table!!

“Outstanding!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

We have had 2 meals over the past few weeks and although a bit pricey, the food, service and atmosphere were really good. We will certainly be back!

Southampton, United Kingdom
“Best surprise in a long time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

Firstly, this place was so good that it has inspired me to join trip advisor, and write my first review!

Having passed it several times before, and not been terribly inspired by what is in truth a pretty shabby looking shopfront, my partner and I decided last night that it was time we gave the place a chance.

We are regular visitors to a rival Thai restaurant in the area but Sara's absolutely blew that away. We had a Penang curry, Phad Thai and a 'weeping tiger', which is strips of beef fillet cooked in their Thai spices, amazing!

Service was friendly and extremely attentive, no issues at all in that respect. My partner is very fond of Irish liqueur coffee and asked for this after his meal. Unfortunately they were all out of Irish whiskey, so the helpful lady offered him a Thai version of the liquor coffee! Well, it was like a little firework display as she first burnt off what appeared to be a considerable amount of the Thai whiskey, and then set fire to the brown sugar as it went in as well! Looked spectacular and was apparently the best he's had!

Rounded off a fantastic evening in style! Would recommend Sara's to literally anyone!

England
“Excellent evening, free food to tempt my Thai wife and great service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

Initially told the restaurant was full tonight then, thankfully a table for 2. Staff were attentive and friendly. My wife prefers home cooking and has highest standards, but was very impressed with the quality and portions available for seafood salad.
My pad Thai lacked spice or sour tones and the staff were happy to adjust the taste to my suggestion.
Chef provided free food for my wife to share with kitchen staff, overall a generous and memorable evening. The best Thai restaurant in Hampshire.

• 4 of 5 stars Food