“Best restaurant I have tried in Southampton.” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #61 of 645 Restaurants in Southampton
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
“Best restaurant I have tried in Southampton.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

A colleague recommended this restaurant as somewhere I could take my boss for a relaxing decent meal. We went mid week but found the place very bustling with a great atmosphere. The food was fantastic. We both eat out regularly but were still impressed with the specials on offer. The wine was very good as was the level of service from the waiters and the owner. I think being welsh helped! I will certainly return here when in town.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Lovely fish!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Being in an Italian restaurant just by the water, it seems a crime not to have fish! Visited with a work colleague and we both enjoy our choices. Great restaurant, although probably better for a romantic meal with the other half rather than a hairy bloke from work.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Best restaurant in Southampton !!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

From the moment you walk into Ennios, we felt instantly welcome. All the staff are very customer friendly. The food is just excellent. Treat youself - go to Ennios !!!

Southampton, England, United Kingdom
“Anniversary Dinner was fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We visited Ennios for dinner for our 1st wedding anniversary. The food was fantastic and they had the wine we drank with our wedding dinner which was a nice touch for the night.
The service was fantastic and they really make you feel like you are an important guest.
If wine glasses were near to empty someone appeared to fill them for us, not once did my husband or I have to refill our own glass.
Towards the end of the meal an older gentleman (the owner?) came to the table to ask how everything was and if we were having a nice evening. He was very friendly and asked about the occasion and flattered and made conversation in a very charming manner.
We do not often go out for nice meals and I was worried I would feel underdressed and out of place but the staff make you feel completely at ease and as though you are the most important customer in the place.
A lovely memorable night, thanks.

• Visited August 2012
Southampton, United Kingdom
“lovely time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

booked to have Sunday lunch. lovely building,decorated very nicely. greeted by very pleasant staff member and taken to our table. Staff were attentive and helpful, we had booked for 2pm and the restaurant closed at 3pm, we were there until 5pm just chatting after our meal and having irish coffees.At no point were we made to feel that we should go. Roast dinner was maybe a little pricey at £11.99 a head in comparision to pub fayre but well worth the cost.I definately felt like I had been taken out for a nice meal rather than feeling like we had popped up the pub for dinner.