“WASN'T GOOD!!” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
“WASN'T GOOD!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

We visited this restarant on Sun 24th March, for a pre-theatre meal, and also it was my partners Bday so after reading all the good reviews I thought it would be the ideal place to eat.
When we arrived we were shown to our table which was right next to the window, the draught was so bad we asked if we could move...........well the waitress had such an attitude and snapped "I dont know if there is anywhere else", we could clearly see an empty table behind us,so asked if we could move there, you could tell she wasnt at all happy about it.
Once we moved she then came to take our drinks order, I asked her if she was stressed as she clearly looked it, she said yes she was..........umm waitressing is clearly not the job for her!!
However our food was nice and very tasty, but I dont think I will go back there again in a hurry .

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Southampton, United Kingdom
“A bit disappointing considering other positive reviews”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Went for a pre-theatre dinner. While nothing was awful, having read lots of positive reviews I was disappointed. The food was average - considering it's an Italian restaurant, I expected better quality pasta sauces, although the beef carpaccio was nice. The staff had very little personality and didn't really seem to care that much - just going through the motions; to the point where one waitress came and asked if everything was ok and left before we could actually answer her that we'd like some more water. I wouldn't go again - there are many other Italian restaurants in Southampton with higher quality food. Thinking about it, it was pretty expensive too.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Would go again...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

Food was great, service was excellent and the prices were just right. Only thing now I could ask for is actually being in Italy. The waitress was very nice, polite and helpful. I asked for her suggestions and they were spot on. I would recommend this pace to anyone.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Milnathort, United Kingdom
“Great service and delicious food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

I enjoyed a great evening meal with family at this restaurant. Friendly welcome, great service and the food is scrumptious. I had the crab and lobster tortellini, which was delicious. The pasta was cooked to perfection.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Hampshire
“Fantastic food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

Very friendly, efficient service. Popped in before going to a show at the Mayflower. They also do a pre theatre menu. Perfect start to a great evening. I will be going back. Apparently their lunch time menu is worth a try.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere