“Lovely food” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #82 of 645 Restaurants in Southampton
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: One of two Bella Italias in the seaside city of Southampton, this branch can be found along the Above Bar Street, just opposite Palmerston Park and just a shirt stroll from the Southampton Guildhall. Enjoy a good range of Italian treats from the extensive a la carte menu such as the Formaggio Fritto for starters (deep fried parmesan, fontina and mozzarella cheese in breadcrumbs with red onion marmalade) followed by the Penne Zafferano (penne pasta with smoked salmon, prawns and cherry tomatoes in a spinach and saffron cream sauce). The set menu is always great value and there is a brilliant menu for the little ones too. The wine list stays faithful to Italy as do most of the beer options.
“Lovely food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

Lovely lunch here today. My lamb ragu tagliatelle was fantastic and my daughters pizza was equally as good. Just a word of warning if you are tempted to order the mini dessert. I forgot my glasses and couldn't find mine in order to eat it ;)

lymington
“A pleasant lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

My wife and I went for lunch after a morning's shopping in Southampton. The service was quick, friendly and efficient and the food, which we chose from the lunch menu, was very enjoyable taken with a glass of wine from a good wine list. Bella Italia will definitely be our list if we are lunching in Southampton,

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Birthday Meal Great Place ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

We made a late booking on the day for a large party and they were kind enough to accommodate us all.
Lovely friendly service, food was fantastic and speedy.
I have a sever allergy and I couldn't had wished for better service, they were so helpful and took every precaution.

Southampton, England, United Kingdom
“Birthday Treat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

If ever my family has a special occasion to celebrate, we always end up at Bell Italia at Above Bar in Southampton. This time around it was a birthday for me that included a 0 at the end. The staff made me feel very special and thankfully they didn't sing happy birthday although they did bring me a cake with a sparkler. The food is always spectacular and this was no exception. The children enjoy eating here and my wife (that is unfortunately vegetarian AND suffers from nut allergies) always finds lots to choose from. A man collapsed across his table and then slid to the floor but I don't think it was because he saw the bill! And that is perhaps one of the best things about Bella Italia, it is good value for money. It doesn't break the bank to take the whole family. Highly recommended. PS The chap recovered and walked out after being cared for by the staff.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“A quick but excellent pasta”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

Pleased with prompt service as on our way to the theatre. Excellent quality & plentiful pasta dishes - served hot. Well recommended.

Visited March 2014