This was a highly priced room and so I expected good things. The disappointments were several
1. Sloppy front desk on arrival - non- professional
2. Dark and oppressive decoration for the hotel.
3. I ordered a wake up call and a newpaper at check in- neither arrived.
4. Breakfast - sloppy and unprofessional service - two attendants were more interested in chatting to each other - slouching on sign in podium.
5. This Hotel has a training and management problem - and a gloomy atmosphere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mercure Southampton Centre Dolphin hotel is a stunning Grade II listed 4 star hotel located in the heart of Southampton - offering a modern and contemporary feel, while maintaining its traditional appeal. Perfectly located to explore the historic old town and walls, extensive shopping centre within walking distance and the perfect place to stay before and after your cruise with park and cruise packages available.Free Wifi available throughout the hotel.Privilege rooms now available. On site car parking available however there is a charge for this service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, ACCOR, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Tingo, Despegar.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Otel, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Mercure Southampton Centre Dolphin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Southampton Centre Dolphin Hotel Southampton
- Southampton Dolphin Hotel