“Great tasting ice cream or "Gellato" as they call it” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Tooti's Gelato Bar

Tooti's Gelato Bar
5a 6a Bedford Place, Southampton SO15 2BY, England (Formerly Toot's Gelato Bar)
+(44)02380 634 196
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Creperie, Bar, Coffee Shop, Ice Cream
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Beaulieu, United Kingdom
“Great tasting ice cream or "Gellato" as they call it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

Love the ice cream but it's the fresh waffles that are just amazing. Great place to take the kids for a treat.

• 5 of 5 stars Food

Portsmouth, England, United Kingdom
“Great ice cream, no decaf coffee - shame”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Took the children for a treat, ice cream fab as usual, portion sizes are good, staff are friendly but sometimes a bit distant, sadly no decaf coffee which was a real shame. Would still recommend though. Look forward to my next trip. Loyalty cards would be nice......

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Cant decide between here and Sprinkles !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Myself, my daughter and two friends made a special journey here from Portsmouth. On first glance it is certainly very nice inside. Very clean and tidy and much nicer looking than Sprinkles up the road. I was slightly disappointed that the Breakfast menu was not being served that day due to the staff that were on had never done it before. I had the Honeycomb smash waffle which was lovely but needed more chocolate sauce, my daughter and friend agreed. My daughter had one with bananas and my friend had the Peanut butter one all of which were good. My 4th friend on the other hand had a crepe which she really did not enjoy, she felt it was very thin and not as good as Sprinkles (sorry). I ordered a second cappuccino which was forgotten about and I had to prompt the staff for but she compensated me with a large size instead of a medium. Upside student discount is a great feature especially for my daughter who has since returned. Downside. More sauce and crepes way too small for price.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
larajane84, Public Relations Manager at Tooti's Gelato Bar, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Hello!
I am sorry that we did not surpass your expectations during your first visit to us.
Please email me at laracocker@hotmail.co.uk with the date and approximate time of your visit so that I can look into this further.
We have recently improved our crepe recipe and it would be helpful for me to know if this was actioned before or after your trip.
We usually use honey and not chocolate sauce in our honeycomb waffle so it would also be helpful for me to find out which staff we're working on that day especially as they do not seem to have had the required training to prepare our breakfasts.
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review.
Please accept my apologies for the problems you encountered. I will contact you as soon as I have invastigated the points you have made and have rectified them.
Kind regards
Lara
“Good service and spacious”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Went there with my wife on my birthday and we had two waffles the food was lovely and the service was great. Will definitely recommend this place. Staff are really friendly and gave me a surprise which my wife arranged.

England
“Brilliant!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Visited here with family Saturday evening, it was lovely & quiet.
It's quite a large place with plenty of tables & seats. Very clean too.
Lots of variety of sorbets & gelato.
I had the Honeycombe smash waffle & it was absolutely gorgeous!! Can't wait to go back & have another.
Another family member I visited with had the Cinnamon mocha sundae which was huge! It looked amazing & she ate it all so must of tasted it too.
The only thing that let the place down to me was the fact that they had ran out of Chocolate flavour gelato which surprised me as being a popular flavour I would have thought they would have another a standby, this disappointed me a bit but nether the less I'll still visit again.
Staff were friendly & polite.
All in all can't wait to go back & would definitely recommend this place, it's better than other gelato's I've been to in the area!!