“SImply awesome” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tooti's Gelato Bar

Tooti's Gelato Bar
5a 6a Bedford Place, Southampton SO15 2BY, England (Formerly Toot's Gelato Bar)
+(44)02380 634 196
Good for: Families with children, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
“SImply awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

My kids introduced me to this little gem and it was brilliant. I had a white chocolate and raspberry waffle, which was a massive waffle with white chocolate icecream (with white and milk chocolate chunks), whipped cream and fresh raspberrys in raspberry sauce. It was absolutely gorgeous. The kids went with a mix of different ice creams.

You can choose from crepes, waffles, pancakes sundaes and icecreams

It has a pretty cool and funky theme and opens from 7am. So its open early and serves the perfect hangover cure. So its a multi purpose place, perfect to finish your night if you still up at 7 or a great way to start the day or a great place to take the kids. Its also open until mid-night I believe and they serve a variety of alcohol. So if your new girlfriend has a sweet tooth then take her here before hitting the pubs and you'll start off on the front foot.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Have been twice, first time was on date night after dinner. really nice, loads to choose from and great having a bar. 2nd time was with the kids from waffles and pancakes for sunday morning breakfast. Really friendly staff and great choose in icecreams and cream tea waffle was amazing.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“lovely food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

this is a lvoely place to go,so much more room than sprinkles but i find the crepes are very fin an crispy and on the small side,u expect crepes to be thick and generous,the english cream tea waffle is my favourite but its alot smaller than the other gelato bar and i always feel i could eat another,staff are fab friendly and understand wot ur ordering which always helps

Visited August 2013
larajane84, Public Relations Manager at Tooti's Gelato Bar, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Hello!
Thank you very much for taking the time to feedback on your experience at Tooti's.

I had a look into the crepes and totally agree with you. They were beig being spread very thinly and going crispy at the edges. We have made some changes and this should now be sorted out :)

The waffles are made in a regular waffle iron, the size of which is the same as our competitors so they should be the same size. If you're referring to the size of the toppings we put them, we have found them to vary slightly depending on who was serving in the kitchen.

We have held a group training session and these should now be a lot more consistent.

I hope that you visit us again soon and will let me know if you are happy with the changes. You can contact me any time at laracocker@hotmail.co.uk and I will respond as soon as I can, thank you again for your input :)
“Great Sundae's”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

My Family and I visited Tooti's a few days ago on a weekday. Our order was taken swiftly and getting a table was not a problem even though it was a nice day ( I would say this is only because Tooti's has been open a few weeks ). Our orders started to appear after 5 mins, my Wife's Crepe was first to arrive and then my eldest Son's Mint Choc Sundae and my Cinnamon Mocha ( Tirimasu ) Sundae. My youngest Son was still waiting for his two scoops of Oreo and Bubblegum Ice Cream a few minutes after our orders arrived. This was soon quickly sorted after approaching a member of staff. Would have been a 5 star review as our visit was much more pleasant than our visit to the other Gelato Bar. Only things that scuppered that were that we had to grab the attention of the member of staff that brought our Sundae's out as the Tables are not numbered yet, it would be nice for a family to get their orders all at the same time and staff slightly more attentive when making an order as I think if we didn't approach a member of staff then my youngest Son's Gelato scoops may not have appeared. So my tip for the moment is once you have ordered, keep an eye out for it being ready to be served. I will definately go back though, because I didn't feel rushed and my eldest Son's Mint Choc Sundae was amazing.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Pleasantly surprised!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

Lovely welcoming reception from staff who have extensive knowledge off all
Available products. Decided for a white chocolate waffle, was delicious! The waffles are big enough to share! At only £5 was great value for money! Lovely clean spacious gelato bar. Left feeling very happy and VERY full :)

Well worth a visit!